Chapter Fifty-One ~ You've made my year!

Taalia's POV~ 

"Misha, where are you?" I asked. 

"Give it to Aasim, Saqib will tell you guys." Misha said. "SAQIB, COME AND TAKE THE PHONE!" I heard Misha yell and I chuckled. 

"Hello?" Saqib answered and I handed my phone over to Aasim. 

"Saqib, Salaam. Where are you guys?" Aasim asked, looking around the area. Aasim put the phone on speaker, holding it out between us as Saqib replied. 

"Um, Misha is saying it's the room beside Taalia's old math classroom." I heard Misha saying something in the background. "Oh um wait no, it's the room in front of the math hall. Um, the designer room?" 

"Oh! I know what you're talking about!" I said. 

"Okay good. Meet us there." Saqib said. 

"HURRY UP, TAALI!" I heard Misha yell in the background. 

"We'll be there soon, In Sha Allah, habibti!" I replied and we cut the call. 

It had been three months since mine and Aasim's wedding. So far, our marriage was going wonderfully Alhamdulillah. Aasim and I couldn't be happier. Today, we were at the University of Toronto because Misha was graduating. MashaAllah, she had pulled through the remainder of the year amazingly and now she was on her way to start her career as a fashion designer! I had started teaching at the Islamic School again. As for my tumour, it wasn't that bad anymore. I had been going for therapy and once in a while, I would be going in for radiation treatment to kill the cancer cells. The results weren't so great on my hair but having less hair was always better than having cancer. Of course, I felt insecure about what my hair looked like. Aasim had promised me that even if I was bald, he would still love me just the same as he did now. What I did to deserve a husband like him, I would never know. I was forever grateful to my Lord because of him. 

Soon we reached the designer room, the room where all fashion students would create their designs for projects and such, and we found Misha and Saqib near a corner of the room. Aasim and I continued to walk hand in hand towards our best friends. Once Misha's eyes fell on me, she immediately ran towards me, causing Aasim to have to step away from us. 

"Taali!" she cried as she hugged me. "Taalia I'm so scared! What if I mess up? Oh it's going to be terrible! What if my dresses rip? What if no one will like the dresses? What if someone spills something on them?! OH I'LL BE RUINED!" Misha cried dramatically and I laughed, patting her back. 

"Habibti, it'll fine! Just have faith in Allah and In Sha Allah, everything will be okay. Remember, whatever happens, happens because it is Allah's will. What's meant to happen will happen according to Him." I said and Misha stepped back, nodding. 

"Okay." she took a deep breath, nodding again. "I'll be fine. Just, stay with me, okay?" she said and I nodded. 

"Always, bestie." I smiled. "Can I see the dresses?" I asked. 

"Oh yeah, of course!" Misha rushed past the guys and unzipped one of the bags which contained one of Misha's creations. She opened it up to reveal a beautiful lavender full sleeve dress, which was sequinned at the top, the rhinestones falling towards the bottom of the gown as purple raindrops. It looked absolutely stunning and I gasped when I saw it. 

"Misha! Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous MashaAllah!" I gushed. Misha's face lit up at my words and a grin broke across her face. 

"Really?!" she cried and I nodded, feeling the dress between my fingers. It was a soft yet durable material, perfect for a girl who wanted to dress stylishly and comfortably. "Okay, what about this one?" she asked, unzipping the other bag.