Chapter Forty-seven ~ About time, ya dimbo!

Misha's POV~

"Saqib!" I called from our bedroom.

"What is it?" He asked, coming in with his white dress shirt unbuttoned and his tie hanging loosely from his neck.

"Where did you put my mascara?" I asked. He stared at me blankly.

"What's a mascara?" I stared at him in shock.

"Mascara?! The thing girls wear on their eyelashes to make them bigger and thicker and prettier?" I questioned.

"I don't know." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You said you moved it from the dresser to my makeup bag but it's not in there." I said. I watched him think for a bit.

"Ooh!" He said and reached into one of the drawers and pulled out my mascara from a little plastic bag. "Here you go."

"You said it was in my makeup bag." I said and he held up the plastic bag.

"Yeah, isn't this it?" I shook my head.

"No..." I reached into another drawer and pulled out my pink floral makeup bag. "This is my makeup bag."

"But there's makeup in here too." He said, pulling out a little package. I took it from him and read the label.

"These are makeup wipes. They don't count as makeup." I said. He stared at me blankly again then sighed.

"Girls..." he muttered. I giggled and put the plastic bag away then proceeded to put on my mascara. Saqib went back to the living room. I quickly applied the mascara then went to the closet to get my black purse to match my light blue dress with black designs all over it.

Saqib and I were going to a restaurant tonight. He had been so busy with work that he barely had time for me this past week. So he decided to surprise me by taking me to my favourite restaurant and I was really looking forward to it!

I quickly checked myself in the mirror one last time before heading to the living room. I saw Saqib standing there with a weird look his face.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Do you smell that?" He asked and I took a moment and realized that there was a smell of something burning. My eyes widened and I ran to the kitchen. I grabbed the pair of pink oven mitts from the counter before opening up the oven. A cloud of smoke surrounded me and I waved my mitt covered hand in front of my face, coughing. I quickly pulled out the tray of chocolate chip cookies I had made earlier and placed the tray on the cooling rack. Saqib had come into the kitchen and closed the oven door for me.

"Aw man!" I cried out in frustration, throwing the oven mitts onto the counter. "I spent so long making these!" I stared at the burnt cookies in sadness.

"You made cookies?" Saqib asked, grinning.

"Yes. I wanted to surprise you by showing you that my baking skills have improved but..." I muttered. Saqib carefully picked up one of the cookies and stared at it for a few moments before laughing. I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "It's not funny!" I cried but Saqib just laughed more.

"I can't help it! How do you manage to burn cookies?!" He asked, still laughing.

"I don't know! I forgot about them while I was getting ready!" I said, frowning at the cookies. "Now I have to throw them out! Ugh! What a waste!" I picked up the tray and was about to head to the garbage can when Saqib stopped me.

"Wait, let me try one first." He said, picking up a cookie.

"What? No, don't do that!" I cried, reaching for the cookie but Saqib pulled away.