Chapter Twenty-four ~ Same Fate

Taalia's POV~

It had been almost a week since Aasim left for his trip. Misha and Saqib would be back next week, InshaAllah, from their honeymoon in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I went to the orphanage a few times and read a lot of books I had borrowed from the library. I loved being there. The way the kids looked up at you was adorable. Their eyes were filled with so much hope for kids who had lost everything. I continued reading at the Masjid as well. The kids there had asked for Aasim many times and it was hard bringing up the fact that he would be gone for almost two months.

I had started going for regular therapy sessions at the hospital too. I had been taking care of my body more and the doctors said that I was improving with my health. They had said that since I was willing to get better, my body was coping with me.

The day after hanging out with Aleena, I was at the hospital, getting another x-ray done. With all the therapy and procedures for my brain tumor, I was becoming a bit more tired lately. The doctors said that it was normal since my body wasn't used to all this.

After leaving the hospital, I headed straight to the orphanage. After checking in at the front, I entered the main room where all the little kids were playing around. The second they saw me, they screamed and came running. I laughed and bent down to take the kids in my arms.

"Miss Taali! What are you doing here?" a little girl, Stacey, asked.

"I came to surprise all of you! I have something for everyone." I said, standing up straight and digging around my bag. They all watched me eagerly and I finally pulled out the boxes of treats for them. They cheered and huddled closer to me. Lucy smiled and offered to hand them out. I gave her half of the boxes and made the kids sit in a large circle (well, messed up oval), and I gave them all their little treats. As they ate, I brought out a book for them and started reading.

A few hours later, I came home to find my mom up in my room.

"Ammu?" I said. She turned to me.

"Oh, habibti, I was just going through your clothes looking for some old ones to donate." She explained. I nodded and set my bag down on my bed and unwrapped my scarf.

"I can get them for you." I said.

"Okay, have them down soon, Raza will take them." Ammu said and she left my room.

I went through all of my clothes and made a pile of the clothes I wanted to get rid of in the middle of my room. Suddenly the phone stated ringing but when I went to go pick it up, my mom quickly picked it up. I shrugged and went to my clothes again, making sure they were all clean and folding them. A few minutes later, my mom came into my room again all of a sudden, still talking on the phone.

"Habibti, Daiyan and his family are coming today." She said. I raised an eyebrow. "Yes, this time they are coming so make sure you are ready. They will be here soon." With that, she left again. I sighed.

Guess I can finally say it. I had lost all nervousness over Ramadan and now I just couldn't wait to finally tell them and get it off my chest.

I looked at the clock to see that it was almost Maghrib time so after doing wudhu, I got dressed. I put on a purple maxi dress with black designs on it. I got a black cardigan and hijab to match with it and went to go pray. After I finished, I went downstairs to help my mom with dinner.

Twenty minutes later, Daiyan and his parents were in my living room, conversing with my dad and Raza. I could hear them all talking and having a good time. My mother handed me the tray with tea and snacks and sent me out to them. I fixed my hijab and entered the living room and set down the tray on the glass tea table in the middle of the room.