Chapter Fourteen ~ That wasn't supposed to happen!

Aasim's POV~

I saw her in front of me. She was so close. If I reached out my arm towards her, I would be able to touch her. She looked beautiful as always. She hadn't changed, even after all these years. She smiled at me, holding her arms out.

"Aasim..." I savored the sound of her beautiful voice.

I felt my legs move and I started running to her. But she started running away. She laughed and I laughed. I chased after her, stretching out my arm as far as I could to grab her arm.

"Try and catch me, habibi!" I ran faster until I could almost touch touch her arm. But she started going faster. She started laughing louder. My eyes widened as she moved farther and farther from me, into the darkness. I tried calling out to her but my voice came out silent. Her image became smaller and I couldn't move anymore. I felt the tears go down my cheeks as I called for her over and over again. 

"Almira..." 

And suddenly, she was gone...

I woke up, breathing heavily and sweating. It took a while but my vision finally cleared and I realized that I was in my room. I recited a Dua quietly then I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I realized that I had tears going down my face. I wiped them away and removed the covers off of me. I waited until my breathing was a steady pace again before getting up to wash my face in the bathroom. After coming back into my room, I looked at the time to see that it was almost Fajr time. I went back to go do wudhu then sat on my bed, watching the minutes tick by on the clock. Her face appeared in my thoughts again and I almost screamed. I closed my eyes and leaned down low, my head coming between my knees, grabbing onto my hair, and silently praying.

She left my thoughts and I sat up properly again. I looked at the clock and saw that I could start praying. So I grabbed my prayer mat and immediately started praying.

After, I started reading Surah Yaseen. I had memorized the Quran when I was fourteen with Saqib and now we were both Hafiz. After reading a few more Surahs, I turned off the lights and got into bed again. Almost immediately I fell asleep.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

Taalia's POV~

Misha woke me up for Fajr. The second I had stood up, my head started hurting. I had to sit down again for a few minutes before I had enough strength to move. After doing wudhu and praying, I opened Misha's other Quran and started reading Surah Yaseen. I loved reading this in the morning after praying Fajr. It made me feel at peace. I finished reading and after Misha and I put away everything, we jumped back into bed. I fell asleep almost instantly...

I was in the classroom at the Masjid. I heard a knock at the door and when I looked up, I smiled at her. She looked amazing, I was jealous as always. Her abaya had green sequins that formed flowers and leaves, all outlined with silver rhinestones. I remember her telling me that her favourite colour was green.

"Asalamu Alaikum, Taalia." I loved the way she said my name.

"Wa Alaikum Asalam." I motioned for her to enter.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?" She said. I nodded. "Almost eight years."

"I-I've missed you." The tears were coming.