Chapter Twenty-one ~ Saqib and Misha's wedding (part two)

AN: I love your comments, they make my day love you!! (Even though I don't know you ;) ) ♡♡

Taalia's POV~

"Daiyan? What are you doing here?" I asked.

Daiyan and his family never really made it for any of the arranged meetings so I still couldn't give him my answer to his proposal (yes it had been over a month). It was super awkward seeing him here, especially since I had no idea who invited him.

"Salaam. I had returned from my business trip and wanted to visit you but then I heard about Misha's wedding. So your father suggested I come with my parents." He explained.

Unbelievable, is it possible that the person I really didn't want to see was here at my best friend's wedding?! I thought.

"Taalia, I was just- oh. Hello." Misha stopped short when she saw him.

"Salaam." Daiyan greeted with a smile.

"Wa Alaikum Asalam." She said.

"You probably weren't expecting me, Taalia's dad invited us last minute." He said. "Congratulations, by the way."

"JazakAllah Khayr! The food is about to be served why don't you and your parents go on to the buffet tables?" Misha suggested, now smiling a real smile.

"Okay, JazakAllah." Daiyan went over back to his father. I still didn't see his mother.

"Woah, what a coincidence. You think he's here for your answer?" Misha asked me quietly.

"No, it's like my dad to invite one of his best friends to his other best friends' kids' wedding." I said. Misha nodded.

"I'm hungry, let's go eat!" She said and grabbed my arm. We went over to the buffet table together.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

Misha's POV~

I sat on the couch on the stage at the front of the room and waited for Saqib to join me. I had thought that our first encounter as a married couple would be super awkward but when he came over after Taali the Khara called him, everything was fine. We talked freely with each other and... HE GAVE ME A HUG! Too cool, too cool...

We had all eaten together and the whole time, I had to try and eat 'like and girl'. Taalia and Aleena threatened to kill me (not really) if I ate how I usually did (which I thought was a girl-enough way).

Finally, the men returned from the Masjid after praying Maghrib and Saqib was seated on the couch beside me.

"Hi." He said.

"Hello." I said. "How was the Masjid?"

"It was good." He answered. I nodded. "How was the prayer room here?"

"Good, actually, they even had ceiling fans. It was very cool." I said and he chuckled. "I'm very punny, aren't I?" He laughed again.

We stayed quiet for a while then both of us burst out laughing.

"Taali was right, we are very awkward." I said once our laughter died down to chuckles and giggles.

"Yeah." He grinned. "This party is boring." He stated bluntly. I looked around the room to see the guests weren't doing much except talking once in a while and getting the deserts. I nodded. Suddenly, Taalia came up to us.

"Hey, newlyweds." She grinned.

"Hey, where is Aleena?" I asked.

"Oh, uh.. I don't know." She replied, unsure. I raised an eyebrow but then let it go.