Chapter Forty-two ~ Goodbye

Aleena's POV~

The next day passed by very quickly unfortunately. Taalia hadn't woken up so I had to say goodbye to her sleeping self. I was still praying for her awakening.

After saying goodbye to everyone, Fahim and I headed to my car when I heard Misha call me back.

"Aleena, do you mind if we go with you to the airport?" She asked and I immediately nodded.

"Of course! Yes! Please come!" I cried, throwing my arms around her.

"Okay, I'm bringing Saqib and Daiyan with me, okay?"

"Whatever you want. I have to go back to the hotel to pack up my remaining things." I explained and she nodded.

"Okay, I'll have the guys go with Fahim - if that's okay with you?" She asked, turning to him. Fahim gave a nod of approval but from the look on his face, I could tell he was not too thrilled about the idea. Oh well. "Great and I'll go with you to help pack up your things!"

"Oh, JazakAllah, habibti!" I smiled.

We all went back to the hotel and split up, the guys going to Fahim's room and Misha joining me in mine.

"I must say, Fahim is a real jerk for taking you away so soon." Misha said as she helped fold some of my clothes.

"Hah, you're not the only one who thinks that." I mutter as I take out the rest of my belongings from the closet.

"All done?" Misha asked and I nodded, setting my suitcases and bags on the floor.

"I'm just going to quickly change then we can head out." I said, grabbing the set of clothes I had set aside.

"Take your time, you don't need to leave so soon." Misha grinned and I laughed.

"Fahim will kill me." I said, shaking my head and closed the bathroom door.

Once we arrived at the airport and checked in, the call for boarding soon came. I gave Misha a tight hug before letting go to see a few tears in her eyes.

"Call me when you get home, okay? And I'll keep you updated on Taali. And promise you'll come back the second she wakes up, okay??" She demanded and I nodded, a few tears building up in my eyes as well.

"Of course." I nod, giving a tight smile and hugging her one last time.

I say goodbye to Saqib and Daiyan before following Fahim away from them.

Just before I step through the doors that would lead to the plane, I turn back to see them one last time. I gave them a wave and Misha waved back frantically while Saqib gave a calm wave. I smiled before turning away. Who knew when I would be able to see them next?

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

Aasim's POV~

"We have been trying our very best, we still haven't found an exact reason of why she hasn't awaken yet." Dr. Isaac said to Taalia's parents.

"Have you tried waking her up?" Her mom asked.

"No, we want her to wake up on her own, we don't want to disrupt any part of her healing process." Dr. Isaac explained and she nodded sadly. It hurt seeing such a usually jolly woman be so upset.

"She is going to wake up, right?" Her father asked after a while and Dr. Isaac gave him a sad look.

"That is what we're hoping for." To this, Taalia's dad's jaw tightened and he nodded once, his firm gaze settling on his daughter. "We'll, of course, let you know if anything comes up." Dr. Isaac said, ending today's session.