Chapter Thirteen ~ I didn't want to tell anyone yet...

Taalia's POV~

After we finished cleaning up, we went to the front yard to say goodbye to Saqib and Aasim. Everybody who was left were Saqib and his family, Aasim and his family, and me. After a few minutes of more goodbyes, Aasim's parents and brothers left with Saqib's parents and Misha's parents went back into the house. My parents had left earlier with my sisters and their kids.

"Today was fun!" Misha said but I could tell she was tired. She leaned against me and put her head on my shoulder. "I'm so tired..."

"Maybe you should get Saqib to carry you up to your room. Oh wait, you can't yet. Aw, sad life." I smirked. I saw Saqib turn away but Misha didn't have any reaction. She seemed to be lost in thought. I nudged the shoulder she was leaning on. "Habibti, you okay?"

"Oh uh yeah." She got up but didn't say anything else.

"Alright, I should get going. Taalia, are you still coming for class?" Aasim asked. For the Fatiha, Aasim and I decided to cancel the five o'clock class and just go for the seven one instead.

"Yes InshaAllah." I said.

"Okay, Salaam! Saqib let's go, stop staring at Misha."

"Hey! I wasn't staring!" After giving our salaams, I grinned when I saw Misha blushing.

"Alright, habibti, I should get going, there's only an hour left until class anyway-"

"Spend the night! After class, come back to my house and you can borrow my clothes. You're spending the night." She commanded.

"Okay, I'll come back right after." I said, confused. Something was wrong. She nodded.

"Come on, let's go change." She said, suddenly smiling again and hurrying into her house. I stared after her. I was right, something was definitely wrong.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

After class ended, I hurriedly packed my things. I needed to find out what was wrong with Misha. I was worried. Aasim had left a few minutes ago. Just as I was about to leave the classroom, Aasim had come back and I almost bumped into him.

Oh gosh, why do I always get so close to him?!

"Sorry, I forgot to pick up my half of the tests to mark." He said.

"No it's okay." I said. He went over to his desk and got the small pile of papers.

"Um, did you feel better after getting some rest?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes Alhamdulillah I felt a lot better, JazakAllah."

"Good, good... Um if you don't mind me asking, um... do you know what caused you to feel like that?" He asked.

Oh no. No no no no no.

I didn't want to tell anyone yet about the brain tumor growing inside of me. I really did not want people to make such a big deal out of it. But since he saw basically everything that happened to me on the basement stairs, I couldn't not tell him. Especially since he was becoming a doctor.

"Uh, well... the doctors did get some, um, tests done..." I couldn't finish.

"Did you get the results?" He asked. I looked down at my feet.

Should I tell him? Ugh of course I should but should I tell him now? Is it the right time? Oh my Allah!

I was about to nod when my phone suddenly rang. It was Misha.

"Where are you? Why are you late? Did something happen? Should I go over there? Are you in danger?" She pounced me with questions.

"Misha! I'm fine, I'm leaving the Masjid right now!" I said.