Chapter Forty-three ~ What was thought to be the end

Aasim's POV~

As I finished up filling out a few forms for Dr. Isaac, Maisara came into my office.

"Asalamu Alaikum, Dr. Aasim. Here's your coffee as requested." She said, putting down the Tim Hortons cup on my desk.

"JazakAllahu Khayr, Maisara." I smiled.

"Wa Iyakum! Anyway, is there anything new about Miss Taalia?" She asked as she took a seat and I shook my head. "Oh, okay."

Maisara was a volunteer here at the hospital, getting experience to become a qualified nurse. Although she was still in her first year of University, I could see that she had enough potential to become a successful nurse In Sha Allah.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked.

"You just did." I grinned at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Haha. Anyway, um... do you like Miss Taalia?"

I dropped my pen and my eyes widened.

"What?"

"So I'll take that as a yes?"

"Wai-"

"HAH, I KNEW IT! Do you know if she likes you?"

"Wait, I... well-"

"I knew it! Aw, you guys are so perfect for each other!!"

"Wait, what?!"

"Aw, did you propose to her already? Or are you gonna do it after she wakes up In Sha Allah? CAN I HELP PLAN YOUR WEDDING?!"

"Maisara, hold your horses! I'm not going to propose to her!"

"What? Aw why??" She frowned.

"Because... of some reasons. Listen, don't go telling anyone about this, okay?"

"What? About you liking Miss Taalia?" She smirked and I sighed.

"Yes, sure, okay."

"Okaaay!" She grinned. She grabbed one of my pens and started doodling on the notepad beside my laptop.

She was so random sometimes.

"So, how's school going?" I asked, changing the subject and resuming my writing.

"It's okay. The stuff is getting harder." She frowned.

"Well of course it is going to get harder, especially since you are in the university program."

"Yeah." She placed her head in her hands and propped her elbows up on the desk. "Sometimes I regret not choosing college."

"No, don't regret it. Getting into university isn't so easy and MashaAllah, you got in!"

"Well, thank you." She smiled. "But it's still so hard!"

There was a knock at the door and another nurse poked her head in.

"Sorry to disturb you, Dr. Aasim. I just need Maisara." She said.

"Not a problem." I said.

"Okay, I'm coming. See you later, doc!" Maisara did a little salute before getting up and leaving with the other nurse.

Maisara really reminded me of Misha except Maisara was less annoying (don't tell Misha I said that).

About an hour after Asr, Maisara came to my office again.

"Doc, Miss Isla called in sick for tonight and can't look after Miss Taalia. Do you know any other nurse that can fill in for her?" She asked.

"I can."