Chapter Fifty ~ Aasim and Taalia's wedding (part one)

AN: That is Taalia's wedding dress. :)

Taalia's POV~

The next few weeks were quite hectic, and before I knew it, it was twenty sixteen! Because we only had a month to prepare, everyone was going crazy. The moment we reserved the banquet hall and let the Masjid know of the date of the Nikkah, invitations were made and sent out. Majority of the guests responded back within the following week Alhamdulillah. Saqib's family was in charge of the catering, Misha's was in charge of theme and decoration of the banquet halls (it was going to a gender separate wedding), Daiyan's family was in charge of the tables and center pieces and name tags, and mine and Aasim's families were just doing a bit of everything, along with housing our guests who would be coming from far away and choosing the foods on the menu.

About a week and a half before the wedding, Aasim and his mom came by to take me and my mom to pick a cake. We went to a nearby bakery and I rushed inside, eager to start tasting cakes. I was looking through the display cases at the cakes and I felt Aasim come up beside me, while of course minding his space.

"So, chocolate?" He asked and I grinned and looked up at him.

"You know I want to say yes but what about you? This is your cake too." I said.

"I'll go with whatever you want."

"You've been going along with what I want for everything else, at least say what you want for this." I said. He smiled and nodded, then looked down at the cakes. A lady from the back came out and after telling her that we were here to try cakes, she let the four of us sit at a table and brought out little cakes to try.

"Ooh strawberries!" Aasim happily plucked one off of my piece. I chuckled as he ate it then I got an idea.

"Aasim, you love chocolate covered strawberries, don't you?"

"Of course." He nodded, taking another one for me.

"You guys want chocolate strawberries on the cake?" My mom asked.

"Maybe." I said. "We could have a typical wedding cake with chocolate covered strawberries surrounding each layer. Oh, and the cake can be chocolate on the inside and - oh! -it could have red icing and white decorations like roses and stuff over the sides! Ooh that'll look so pretty!" I looked around the table and realized that I had been rambling for a while. Aasim had a smirk on his face and our moms were smiling. I noticed the lady had been listening too and was writing something on her little notepad. She too looked up at me then and smiled.

"That sounds amazing." She said.

About an hour later, I was back home. Aasim and our moms agreed to my idea for the cake. I had to say, I was quite proud of it! I was glad everyone else was happy with it too.

The next day, Misha came over with a bunch of magazines and her laptop which was bookmarked with many websites to online wedding dress catalogues. She, her mother and my mother had been pushing me to choose a dress since the day the theme of the wedding had been chosen but it was just so hard to decide!

I scrolled through websites and websites of wedding dresses and flipped through many magazines. I sighed and put down the last magazine. I looked up at Misha who was trying to find more online catalogues.

"Girl, I can't find any that I like." I frowned.

"Great." Misha sighed. "We have less than two weeks until your wedding and you still haven't found a dress! The main part of a wedding!"

"Sorry." I winced and Misha shook her head.

"Not your fault, I don't blame you." She said.

"Hm..." I picked up one of the magazines and started flipping through it again. My eyes caught the image of a page for men's suits and I saw one that was fully white. I stared at it for a while then Aasim's face popped into my mind. "Hey, Misha?" I motioned her closer. "Don't you think this will suit Aasim?" I asked, showing her the picture. At first, she smirked at me then gasped and grabbed the magazine.