Chapter Forty-four ~ RED RUM

Taalia's POV~

"So, what did I miss these past three weeks?" I asked Misha as she took a seat beside my bed.

"Hm, well, I've told you almost everything but you were sleeping half to time so I don't think you remember." I winced at that and gave her a sheepish smile.

"Sorry."

"It wasn't your fault so it's okay. So, I guess I'll start with the biggest news - to me. Um... I'm pregnant."

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" I exclaimed.

"Wait, that came out wrong. I was pregnant."

"I- what?"

"I... I found out a couple of weeks ago that I was pregnant. Typical signs, nausea, stomach pain, all that stuff. I got the ultrasound done and everything and it was confirmed that Saqib and I were having a baby."

"But..."

"But I found out I miscarried a few days ago." Misha started crying. "And I was so devastated about it!" I pulled Misha closer to me with the arm that didn't have an IV needle in it.

"Oh Misha."

"I'm so grateful for having Saqib as my husband. He helped me go through it all and, while of course I'm still super sad it happened, I'm happy it happened with Saqib."

"Oh habibti, I'm so glad to hear that! May Allah SWT reward you and Saqib for your strength and patience. You two truly are a 'match made in heaven'!" I grinned and she smiled, wiping her tears.

"Anyway, I hope you end up having a baby before me. Saqib really wants a girl and if we do end up having one, we'll have to have her after you have a son."

"I'm not even married yet!"

"In Sha Allah, girl! And if I have a baby before you, it better be a boy then you have to have a girl. We're getting our kids married, remember?!" I laughed and nodded.

"Yes, yes I remember. But I want to have the boy so you'll just have to wait." I grinned at her and we both laughed.

Taalim

I shook that thought away.

"Anyways, what happened to Aleena? She didn't come here yet." I asked.

"Oh yeah! Aleena had to go home because her parents had sent Fahim here to take her back. Not sure why they wouldn't let her stay any longer but I'm sure she'll come back In Sha Allah once she hears that you have woken up!" I smiled.

"I hope so - wait did you say Fahim?!" I exclaimed and she nodded, a wide grin spreading across her face.

"Yes! He's grown up to be so handsome MashaAllah! Aleena thinks that he's rude and arrogant but when I talked to him, he was still very nice!" Misha explained.

"It has been years since I've seen him! How long exactly? Like, thirteen years?! We last saw him when we went to visit Aleena and her family in Florida when we were eight!" I said.

"Yeah! He was so shy then, he barely said anything to us when we first met!" I nodded, smiling at the memories.

"Will Aleena come back?" I asked and Misha shrugged her shoulders.

"Not sure. I don't know if she told you anything or not but I can tell things aren't going well between her and her parents, especially her father." I nodded.

"Yeah, she didn't tell me anything but I could also tell. I really hope things go well for them In Sha Allah."

"In Sha Allah."