-Chapter 5-

As you walked from the dorms to the school building, you heard everyone's excitement.

"Bakubro, the festival is today!" Kirishima mentioned, wrapping his arm around Bakugo's shoulder.

"Yea, yea, I know!"

You noticed how Bakugo is slightly calmer around Kirishima, or more like less frustrated with him. A chuckle escaped your breath as you remember the few times they've fought in a hallway.

Once you entered your classroom, Aizawa stood sitting in the corner. "Alright everyone, are you all ready?" With the nods of your heads, he continued. "Remember, the pro heroes will be watching so you have to be flashy and smart to really grab their attention." With his bandages floating around his face, he pulled out his hair tye and said, "Alright, let's go." His voice was as groggy as ever.

Everyone followed him to two rooms; he presented them to be the waiting rooms. Afterward, Aizawa told everyone to march out into the arena when they heard Midnight speak of their class.

"To one of our hero classes, please give it up for Class 1-A!" Her hand lowered down to the area everyone began walking through.

The dark tunnel opened to bright light, forcing you to squint your eyes. Your eyes traveled around, realizing the number of people in the bleachers. They all cheered loudly while banging their feet against the bottom of the bleachers as if they were drums.

"It's the sports festival!" Mina yelled since the noise of the audience was too great.

With a deep voice, you responded, "Hell yea!" She grinned at your smile and turned away.

The sports festival is going to be interesting. I'm not sure how far I'll get with great defense and my classmate's amazing abilities, but we'll see. Maybe I'll go against Buddy!

Midnight announced the other classes who'll be participating. After they all entered the arena, you noticed the opponents you'll be competing against, seeing your brother's hair in the crowd.

"That's a lot of opponents," Jiro spoke, making everyone nod.

"That means there's more for me to CRUSH!" Bakugo's smirk was large as his eyes were angled down in anticipation for the games to start. His hands were ready to blast large explosions, especially since he was already causing small ones from the center of his palms.

"We need a representative from Class 1-A to give a pledge!" Midnight announced.

Bakugo sighed, walking up to the small stage, on which Midnight stood. His hands were in his pockets as he propped his mouth in front of the mic.

"So, um." Everyone was quiet, leaving him to say absolutely anything he wanted. "I'm going to win."

Instantly, everyone shouted "booo" and showed many thumbs down. He stood with a smug look on his face and shrugged off their words.

I can tell he's serious, but why say that as a pledge? Though I respect the confidence and it is an interesting approach. Maybe he said that to intimidate. Well, I'm not intimidated, Bakugo!

"Nice pledge?" a few of your classmates said as he walked down the steps and approached your group.

"Yea, it was great." You patted his shoulder, hearing him inhale air with angered eyes. "I didn't like it. You want me to say that?"

He turned towards you, "Shut up!" You moved your hand away from him as your grin caught his eye. "You're annoying," he mumbled.

Midnight cracked her whip to rip everyone's attention back to her. "Now! I'll be explaining the preliminary event: the obstacle race!" The audience reverted back to their cheery selves. "It's basically an obstacle race! Your goal is to pass the obstacles and pass the finish line in the top forty!" She paused to allow herself to take a breath and embrace the cheering. Her eyes looked away from the crowd and towards the students. "You can use your quirks as long as you don't leave the course. This course is four kilometers long and around the stadium, so let's begin!" The cheering increased in volume as Midnight waved at the students to follow her.