-Chapter 49-

Your eyes fluttered to the sounds of a heart rate monitor and breathing beside you. This time in a hospital room, you didn't have a breathing monitor and your body felt much better than the last time you were there. Something moved beside you, causing your head to slowly turn to your right.

"Katsuki?" you whispered, but he wasn't waking up. His body stretched out on the bed. was turned towards yours, his left hand under the extra pillow and his right dangling over his side. "This seems so out of character for you."

With a grin on your lips, you turned your body to face his. Your left hand reached for his right, interlocking your fingers with his. Moving your head forward, you tucked it in his chest, making the boy flinch awake.

"Y/N?"

You didn't respond but pulled your head back to see him slowly flip to his back, keeping a tight grip on your hand, which was resting on his stomach. "Thank you, Katsuki." Moving your head forward, you kissed his cheek. He rubbed his eyes, feeling proud of himself for saving you.

"Damn, you scared me, ya know." Lowering his left arm to the bed, he looked your way. "For a minute when we were fighting, I thought you weren't coming back."

The door of the room busted open, revealing all of Class 1-A. "Y/N!" they all shouted in unison.

Bakugo let your hand go and sprung up to the noise. "What the hell! You don't just barge in like that!" To their surprise, Bakugo was in the same bed as you. They all froze with unfazed looks since they knew the two of you were close.

"Are you guys dating yet?" Mina asked, rushing to your side.

Your eyes looked towards Bakugo, who looked back towards you. His exhale was harsh and annoyed. "You extras already know so stop asking her shit."

Midoriya stood at the foot of your bed, grinning your way. "We all missed you when you were gone. I hope you feel better now."

You nodded, lifting your upper body. "What about the League?"

Kaminari leaped into view. "They were all captured! Even Shigaraki!"

Something within you made you feel so happy. Maybe it was accomplishing something nation-changing like capturing one of the evilest villain organizations, or maybe it was being back in U.A, which left you feeling safe. It could also be the fact that you're back with Bakugo, who seems to have missed you. Thinking of your brother, you knew that you fulfilled one of his goals, defeating an evil organization.

Thinking about it made you chuckle. "That's good." Your eyes ducked to your hands, seeing them as Buddy's for a second.

Buddy, I'm a hero again. I know I lost track for a second, but I'm back. And just like last time I lost my way, I jumped right back up thanks to everyone here, thanks to Bakugo.

"She seems really happy," Todoroki stated.

Raising your head, you nodded. "I feel like I just fulfilled something for Buddy. One of his goals as a hero was to defeat an evil organization. I'm glad to do it for him." Taking a deep breath, you continued. "I'm also so happy to be back. Seeing all of you makes it ten times better."

Uraraka added, "Everyone missed you here. Bakugo wouldn't stop thinking about your situation."

"We had to stay on task or else we wouldn't have gotten her back!"

Your classmates laughed at his reply, you chuckling along.

"Thank you, all for the effort you put into saving me and taking down the League. Thank you."

I can't say it enough.

"Just remember, we're your friends." Midoriya smiled at how happy his statement made you feel. "If you ever need anything, you can count on us."