-Chapter 6-

"It's finally time for our first real event!" Midnight paused for a moment, waiting for the cheering crowd to calm down. "Now, this event is called the Calvary Battle. Each person will be in groups of at most four. They will be in a horse configuration, and the rider, who is the player on top, will hold the score bands, but make sure they are not below the neck."

Your eyes wandered to find your brother.

I hope he and I can be on a team.

"There are forty headbands. Each band correlates to each person's performance in the previous battle." She slapped her whip in the air. "Last place has five points and every place above that adds five more points, with the exception of first place: ten million points!"

"Can I be with you?" Someone asked another in the distance. Some students have already begun grouping with each other.

"You can use quirks, but if there's any intent to kill," Midnight cracked her whip towards the students. "Then you'll have to be punished." She chuckled as the crowd cheered her on. "So, choose your groups!"

Groups. I need to pair up with my brother!

"Hey!" A girl came up to you.

"Y/N!" Uraraka approached as well.

"Wanna join my group?" A male with glasses questioned.

You widened your eyes as a few more people surrounded you asking the same questions. Raising your hands to keep your distance, you stated, "I'm sorry but I want to be with my brother." A nervous chuckle left your lips.

"Y/N!" your brother's voice shouted, making you flap your wings above the small mob. A gust of wind brushed their hair back. You saw your brother waving. "Hey!"

A grin grew on your face as you lowered yourself to the ground. As you walked away from the crowd, your eyes looked back, seeing them follow you. Your body collided with another, making you shoot your eyes toward the person.

"What the hell!" Bakugo shouted, turning around.

"Oh, Y/N, want to join us?" Kirishima questioned.

Your brother walked towards the group, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "You guys have an extra spot open?" he questions with a kind smile.

Kirishima nodded. "Yea! Now we have the twins with wings!" Kirishima clenched his fists in excitement as many people sighed at being rejected by the twins and Bakugo.

"I'll win this thing!" Bakugo shouted, making sure everyone heard him.

There he goes again. It's good I got Bakugo on this team, and the one person he's somewhat chill with. With these two and Buddy and I, I'm sure we'll make it.

"How are we doing this?" you asked with your arms crossed over your chest.

"We should make Bakugo the horse head," Buddy suggested. He dropped his arm from your shoulder and looked your way. "You and I can be in the back and use our wings for speed and extra defense for Bakugo while Kirishima acts as a shield for stability." You and Kirishima nodded to his words.

"I'm not taking orders from anyone! Wings, you get in the back and use your damn wings to push us, got it?" Bakugo blurted, glaring at you. You nodded with a slight grin.

"Yea, that's what I said," Buddy replied.

"Shut it!" Bakugo shouted, gritting his teeth. "I'll rip those bands off of everyone!" His greedy grin almost made you more fired up for this battle than you already were.

Kirishima's mouth opened, "If we get in a sticky situation, you can push us forward with your wings." Buddy nodded, crossing his arms over his chest.

Midnight waved her whip around to capture everyone's eyes. "Alright! Everyone, please observe the groups because they will not change from here on out." Midnight's voice rang through the speakers while conversations brewed in the bleachers.