-Chapter 11-

Fluttering your heavy eyes open, you recognized the dark surroundings: Recovery Girl's office. Your face had no expression as if the life was sucked out of you. Lifting your body, you felt pain in your side and back, but it wasn't too bad.

"Why am I here?" you questioned out loud. Standing up, you approached the mirror on the wall. Seeing your wings gone and the stains from tears made you remember the events that occurred. "Oh, that's why." There was a bandage surrounding your torso and chest as well as patches over your arms.

Your head began to ache as you tried recalling more of what occurred, but thinking of your brother hurt too much. Thinking about him made your eyes tear up.

I need to stop this. It hurts too much.

The door suddenly opened, making you spin your head towards the figure. Recovery Girl gave you a small grin as she flicked the light switch. "I see you're awake." Sitting in her rolling chair, she shuffled it towards you. "Are you in any pain?"

Yes, but I feel like I deserve it.

"No, I feel fine. Thank you."

Recovery Girl took notice of your dead eyes and low voice, dropping her smile. "Honey, do you need your parents?" You shook your head in response. "I can call-"

"I'm fine, really." You sighed, feeling yourself on the brink of tears. You, then, walked towards the door. "Can I go back to the dorms?" you questioned, hiding your eyes from the woman. Recovery Girl's eyes widened to the sight, noticing your voice crack.

"Yes."

With confirmation, you stepped passed the threshold, and walking down the hall. The bright moon beamed into each of the open classrooms. Opening the front doors allowed warm air to brush past your face. One tear started to trickle down your cheek, causing you to quickly wipe it away.

It's warm, just like my brother's smile.

You paused in front of the dorms, thinking of your classmates as you wiped another tear away.

I can't allow them to see me like this. They'll start worrying and I don't want them to worry about me.

Feeling your eyes about to break, you opened the doors. Your classmates sprung up from the couches. They all paused as you continued to walk towards the hallway with no words.

"Y/N?" Midoriya called out.

"I'm fine, I just need some rest," you mumbled with a forced grin as you quickly ran towards the elevator.

Momo scrunched her brows in sadness. "Her and Buddy were always together, this has to be the hardest thing for her."

Mina started walking in your direction, but Uraraka stopped her by grabbing her wrist. "Mina, she's hurting right now. It'd be best to not invade her space." Mina looked towards Uraraka, who had teary eyes.

"She doesn't look the same," Jiro added.

Lying in your bed, you felt so much mental pain. "They can't worry about me. If they see me like this they'll worry and get sad. I can't do that." Your eyes let the waterworks flow. Spinning onto your stomach, you stuffed your face into your pillow, feeling the tears soak the pillowcase. Rolling onto your side, you saw a picture of Buddy smiling with his arm wrapped around your shoulders; you were smiling as well. Your heart began to pound as a headache arose.

"Wanna race?"

Buddy's words! I can't deal with this! It hurts so much to know you're gone!