• fourteen •

To wake up to a certain scent was amazing. It wasn't any ordinary scent—it was that scent that the one you love has. The one you adore. Something that you would love to choose to smell for the rest of your life.

Some love clean laundry, fresh paint, a certain flower, food, or that sweet chocolate smell.

But for Kai, it was his scent of him. Tyler, his sweet smell of rosewood suddenly became her favorite. "Good morning," Tyler whispered in her ear causing her to flinch.

He was shirtless. His blue eyes seemed to capture her attention more. But the sunlight hitting his body became captivating. It was kinda like the feeling of Bella and that emo-boy vampire. But with no sparking and no emo. It was just the feeling of it.

He pushed the blankets off of them. "Oh." Was all Kai could mutter out, seeing his body fully now, he was on his knees looming over her. Only in boxers.

"Are you ready?"

.....

Kai flinched, opening her eyes to feel a stabbing pain in her side. She opened her eyes to be next to Tyler, seeing his eyes closed shut.

She carefully got up, feeling like she needed to pee, but she walked out of the bedroom. Not wanting to use his personal one, feeling like it was not in the weird circle of relationship they had. And her dream has some other matters to be assisted with.

She walked into hallway one, wondering why she was dreaming that.

Yeah, she was a horny girl, mostly fantasying about that, but she never had a dream about it. Kai sighed, washed her hands, and looked at herself. Instantly blushing when she thought of his face once more in her dream. A slight flush of red scattered on his cheeks. His beautiful eyes are full of lust just for her.

She hurriedly walked out, pulling the strings on her sweatpants tightly and looking around to see a clock on the wall the time 5:00. "Kai?" Kai looked over. Lily was dressed in a pink nightgown with her hair braided. She rubbed her eyes. "Why are you up?"

She cursed to herself in her head.

She wanted to go home before she would see his face again. Kai knew if she was Tyler, she would be a total mess. So, she needed to run out as soon as possible to go home. "Um, I have to go home, and get dressed, for school, why don't you go back to bed," Kai begged with her eyes.

"Can you tuck me in?"

"Of course."

The two walked to the bedroom, Kai trying to postpone the inevitable of seeing Tyler. She quickly tucked the girl in. She walked out, shutting the door, and rushed through the hallway.

"Kai?" The other kid came out, Micheal.

He looked at the girl up. "What are you doing?" He whispered.

"I need to um, study physics?" She thought but felt like facepalming.

Micheal clearly didn't believe that one. "You're an assistant in physics."

Kai tried to think to extend the lie. "Um not your physics, it's the physics, that is in college. Bye." She sped walk backward, turning in the living room to walk out the door, shutting it carefully. And then she booked it across the street.

Tyler got up, heard the door shut, and walked out to the living room but saw Micheal standing in the hallway.

"Why are you up?" Tyler asked.

"Kai."

"Where is she?"

Micheal thought of her lie, confused to all hells about what she was hiding.

"She's studying college physics I guess, and ran home." Micheal walked back into his room, shutting the door. "She's so weird." He muttered, looking at his phone on his bed.

"Yeah, I know." The boy on the phone chuckled. It was Ryllie.

Micheal smiled his heart felt like it was going summersaults hearing the boy's voice.

.....

Kai sighed, and changed into her school clothes, sitting at her desk scrolling through TikTok like every day. But her mind lingered on him.

Tyler was taking over her thoughts. She didn't know if it was bad or good.

She was getting off the damage Alice gave her, but she was falling in love.

So, the question is, can she go without being in love? Yes and no, she wasn't in love with Alice when they broke up. She was actually happy that she could move on so fast and date Troy and now some other boy.

It was just the heartache of the second time from her. She went to drag her friend through it and threaten to fight Kai. Then put a neutral friend in it too. It was annoying. All she had was Myra through it.

Kai felt like she could have friends. She couldn't without being hurt.

Kai set her phone down, her fingers gliding through her hair.

"God, I hate life and feelings." She murmured.

Rushing out at 6:20 to stand at her stop for a few minutes till the bus came. She already had confirmation that Micheal was riding with Tyler to school.

Kai glared at the bus driver. "You better watch your attitude young lady."

"It's not a fucking attitude if I'm getting on the fucking bus." She barked back, going to sit down.

And they left, driving off to get a few people on the bus. Kai kept on freaking out about what to say to Micheal and Tyler when she sees them at school.

"Wait...I slept with him." She muttered to herself, sinking in the seat, face red. "Oh my god." She freaked out more.

Myra got on the bus to see her friend today.

"Myra!" She sat down next to Kai's seat.

"That's me." Myra nodded, tired but she was managing.

"I well you know the...let me start from the beginning."