• seventeen •

"Oh yeah, you can crash in the guest bedroom," Tina said, watching Jumanji. Though she already watched it many times. "But, why don't you just move in? I don't mind. And it is better for you." She turned away from the TV, pausing it, looking up at the young man standing before her.

Aponi flinched. "Oh, I don't want to intrude."

"No, it's fine. Your parents can't stop you from doing so. You don't have to pay anything, it can be free. I already have Sky doing nothing anyways." Tina got up. Though she was told she was moving like she was 40.

"Your fault for coddling him. I told you he was going to be a bum." Kai whispered, pulling Aponi around behind her.

He couldn't even comprehend what was happening. Standing in the hallway, they were beside a room with an AOT poster on the door. But their focus was on the room in front of them.

Kai's mom pushed it. It was an average-sized room, though it was bigger than the room Aponi had right now. There was a fresh smell, maybe due to no one going in there. A bed was already set up, with a desk. Under the bed were little cubicles that had canned foods under them for the extra they tried to always have on hand.

Kai and Tina were arguing in the background, but he stared at the room like he never had one.

"I told you when he graduated he shouldn't be lazing around."

"Kai, I will knock you on your ass right now." Tina scowled.

Kai only rolled her eyes, Tina kept trying to defend her actions by not wanting to jump down his throat.

But the girl only stared at Aponi, nudging her mom to look too.

The women stared at him, he looked like he just sat in paradise. Someone who had nothing had everything.

"Aponi, right?" Tina called out, the man turned over.

"We have dinner on the stove, I'll go make you a plate. Kai, show him around." Tina smacked the girl's arm as Kai yelped slightly kicking her mom in the back of her leg.

"Um, well there isn't really much room in here. But I did my best to decorate it. Most of the cupboards at the bottom are mostly filled with extra food cause we're fat asses. There is a desk, you know. The generic shit. A dresser, some clothes are in here, I think they would fit you, so try them on if you want. The closet is empty, so when we get your stuff we can put it in." She showed the area.

They walked out into the hallway. Which had bookshelves with movies. He'd guess around 500 or so. "Down there is mom's room, it has the washer and dryer in an extra room too." She pointed down there.

"And your other neighbor is me." She gestured to the anime poster door.

But they heard scratching and a slight whine behind it. Kai opened it as the dog barked at the boy.

"She doesn't bite, just barks," Kai muttered, as the dog calmed down and Kai put the gate up.

She showed him the rest which was easy. And then they ate. Aponi got to talk to Tina. But felt bad if he just stayed there for free. He did offer 500 a month which she declined.

It ended up being 100, as she wouldn't take more than that. She didn't even want the money, as she was trying to make him understand it would be free. But he wanted to pay her.

Kai was already rested in her room, as they got on the subject of her.

"She works too hard. She wakes up at 5:45 for school, gets home, then goes to work at 5 to stay there till 12 or 10." Tina grunted. "I had to practice fighting her to get days off."

"Yeah, she does tend to take a lot on her plate." Aponi laughed, watching as the rock and Kevin yelled at each other. "But she's pretty cool too. She helped me get the job at McDonald's, she's a pretty good tutor with a few classes."

Tina turned over toward the man in the living room.

Kai never really had a good footing with people. But seeing this boy. She accepted him being her friend.

It was rare for Kai to actually choose a good friend, but she did.

"Hey, we have work tomorrow afternoon, remember that." They focused on the girl with her hair pulled up in a messy bun. She had a thin robe on too, slipping her shoes on.

"Where are you going so late at night?" Both questioned.

"Uh, Tyler's." She motioned to the side of them, where the house was.

Kai sped and walked over there, hearing his voice. So she knocked, not to wake up Lilly or Micheal. The door opened a bit later. Showing Tyler.

"Hey." He smiled, stepping outside.

"Sorry, right now my sister's here." He whispered, shutting the door behind him—obviously not wanting anyone to come to disturb the two. No one was there, one to see.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean to interrupt—"

His fingers caressed her face. She looked over toward him once more to see his pained face. "No, you're what I needed." He muttered.

Kai blushed, but a frown fell upon her. "Now I'm feeling bad." She murmured.

He looked down, feeling hurt.

Was she going to leave him, even though they never had a relationship?

"I'm sorry, but I can't hang with you tomorrow. Aponi and I are going to his house to pick up his stuff."

She muttered, taking his free hand in hers. The other stayed on her face.

"Oh, thank God." He took a breath. "I thought you were leaving me." He felt pain even imagining it.

Kai's heart dropped, tightening her grip on his hand. "Never!" She shouted seriously.

He flinched, seeing her serious face.

But smiled.

"You're going to make me want you more." His hands glided down her waist. She flinched but fell in his hands.

The warmth stayed there, and she loved it. Though she wished that she could be warm all over by him.

"Just so you know, I really did want to go out with you." She rested her head on his chest.

"It's fine, I'll talk to you tomorrow." He kissed her forehead, letting her go.

She nodded walking away but turned around to still see him staring at her. Not wanting her to go across the street without knowing she got home.

He gave a quick smile, saying he wasn't going to go in yet.

Kai turned back going to the gate but turned around to speed walk toward him. He gave a slightly confused face.

But she grabbed his face to bring him down, kissing his forehead too, then she sprinted to go.

Tyler stood there, confused, but then felt the heat rise to his face. His hand rose to his face, put the smile pursued.