° twenty °

Abuse / Child Abuse

*****

Aponi reached for the house door, the three standing on the porch, Tyler protectively in front of Kai.

The girl didn't even seem to notice his caring action. She was too busy trying not to throw up from the stench of feces.

She was shocked that she could make it that far. Her stomach wasn't too happy. Her eyes weren't either.

Seeing the insects around the area. Her worry wasn't for the people inside. It was the bugs around the area.

Aponi lifted the door and pushed it. Opening to reveal the room.

Thinking the smell was just outside, was the worst mistake ever.

Kai practically choked, feeling the air around them become heavy and musty. The walls are different colors from the smoke and all.

Tyler's hand rested on Kai, making sure she was okay. The three guests there felt miserable already.

"Aponi! Is that you?!" They saw the boy flinch, looking down from being told to for all the years he's been there.

Aponi was trying to fight his fear, but he wasn't sure he could, that man was the real monster of his nightmares, never stopping.

"Huh, who are they?" The old man looked back at the three behind his son. But his eyes laid on Kai, a disgusting smile creeping on his face, showing his stained teeth.

Tyler noticed, visibly displeased as he pulled Kai into his arms. Acting like he was just looking around.

"They're my friends," Aponi muttered, not looking Dean in the eyes.

"Why are they here?" Dean started to get agitated, glaring at the two men behind his son.

"Um, well." Aponi glanced at the ground.

He felt his palms sweat more than before. His back felt damp on the shirt.

Was he really going to leave? He never would have thought that he would be able to really leave.

He felt happy and relieved, but he was also afraid.

Afraid of being told to go away by Kai's family. The change, the potential for happiness.

Dean felt his face warm up, he was getting angry. "Answer me!" His hand rose up, waving in the air.

Aponi didn't flinch, he was so used to it now that it doesn't affect him.

But the old man's wrist was held back. Tyler glared down his grip tightening. His eyes looked back at Aponi, giving him a small signal to say something.

Aponi took a deep breath. "I'm leaving, I won't come back. And I'll never contact you again." He stated, feeling his body release the stress on him.

Felt like a boulder was lifted off of him.

The air: though in that place: was lighter.

Just by words.

"W-what?" Dean's eyes widen, and Tyler lets go of him, looking down at his dirty hand. It was sticky, slimy, and not what you wanted on your hand.

"It'll only take half an hour to get my stuff out of here. They're here to help me out."

Dean's face turned red practically. "You can't leave! I say so!"

"Actually he can. He's 18, and can make his own choices now." Kai snickered crossing her arms under her chest. Heads turned to her. She has that sadistic look. The three did not know she could be like that. Only hearing it from her friends loosely.

"Are you tryin' say—"

"This house isn't even fit for a child to live in. The mold and fungus around. You have mice for god sake." She rested her hand on her hip, leaning on it slightly.

"So let's not fight, okay." Kai closed her eyes, smiling. The dimpled on each side of her cheek showed.

Dean started to shake, angrily. "Are you trying to threaten me?"

"Not at all." Kai chuckled. "But I'd watch what you say any further, I have a reputation of not dealing with shit men." Kai snickered. Her head lifted up proudly. "If you do want to go toe to toe with me, then I recommend you wait until you have a higher standing, after the 2018 incident I would have assumed you knew that?" She pushed her hair back.

Tyler felt his cheeks turn red, seeing the girl acting like that made him feel things.

Dean looked shocked when she spoke about the incident, not knowing how she could have known, he turned around. "Whatever. I'll give you 30 minutes tops."

The three followed Aponi. Seeing the house fully now. Tyler's hand stayed around Kai's waist, his eyes stayed on Dean who went into the kitchen.

Kai's eyes looked up at him, seeing his cold icy glare on the man.

They walked into a room. No the smallest room possible. Thirty minutes was way too much to pack that stuff for them. It would probably take less than half of that.

Micheal looked over at Kai, she pouted to see the room like that. "Kai, why don't you go back in the truck and wait for us." Looking back at the door. He was afraid that Dean would harass her.

"Hm, why?" Kai turned over. "I'm pretty strong you know." She crossed her arms, protecting her pride.

Aponi looked back at them. "I think it's best if you go, we'll be quick." He commented.

"The fuck? I can be speedy, man." Kai's eyes twitched, she felt her muscles tense from how angry she was getting.

She felt like she wasn't contributing at all. She wanted to help Aponi's life get better.

"Kai." Tyler leaned down toward her. "Please." He whispered. Kai softened, feeling calm now.

She turned to look up at him, his hands resting on her cheek. "...fine." She took his hand.

Tyler smiled, leaning toward her, he felt the warmth surge through his hand from her. He felt a sense of peace too.

She walked away slowly, still holding his hand as she let go gently. Kai gave a small smile as an offering, then left.

"Well, let's get to it before the couple starts making out." Micheal turned to Aponi.

"Yeah." Aponi agreed.

Kai walked out, went to Tyler's truck, and hopped in the passenger side. She looked around the truck finally taking in the interior.

It was a slightly old truck, she didn't really know. Kai wasn't, knowledgeable about vehicles. But it kinda looked like the one her mom had when Kai was a preschooler.

The leather chairs, the collided seats in the back. Seemed like it. Stick shift thing, to her memory, was mildly the same as her mom's old one.

She laid her head on the window, shutting her eyes. The awful smile was blocked out, windows all up.

Her inhales were filled with Tyler. His scent was all over her now, taking the one she had to take in beforehand. Kai felt her muscles relax like it was inhaling the scent she was right now.

Tyler.

That man had her wrapped around his finger.