• twenty-six •

Tyler's fingers caressed Kai's cheek. The fabric in his hand glided up her face to her eyes. Tying the blindfold over her, she took a deep, sharp, shaky inhale. Kai felt her heart flutter.

"Don't worry." Tyler's fingers went down her neck to her should. She shivered not knowing where he was or what his next move was going to be.

She was in his hands, giving herself to him easily.

Kai never does this with anyone, ever. So why was he the first one she was doing it with?

Kai's hand went to Tyler's hand, trying to get it. Tyler felt his heart doing backflips. His long fingers wrapped around hers.

"I do hope you know I'm afraid of the dark," Kai whispered slightly, her hand grip tightening on his, making him smile.

"I'll fight the boogeyman." She lightly punched him making him laugh as he pushed her hair out of her face-though it wasn't affecting her vision. She already couldn't see.

"Okay, are you ready?" He asked.

"As I'll ever be." She took in a deep breath, feeling his free hand go to her side. She flinched from the warmth. "Just an f-y-i, if you let me run into a wall, I'll make it something you will not let down for today." She whispered

They both chuckled. Taking a step forward. Kai felt his hot breath flow on her neck.

They took another step, then another. She was trusting him more than she could trust anyone. Kai never thought of putting herself in someone's control, with a blindfold at that. Her lips trembled, not afraid of anything around her, not even him.

Kai was afraid of not being afraid. Her fellow friend's anxiety was out on a trip every single time Tyler was in her sight.

"Do you not trust me?" A frown came across Tyler.

"It's not that...don't worry about it." Tyler stopped walking. A slight scratching sound was heard, and Kai flinched, taking a step back. Tyler took her by the waist. Slowly lowering her, she put her weight into his touch. She sat down, and Tyler pushed her chair slightly toward the table.

He stood behind her, tugging on the blindfold as it fell. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Suprise," he whispered in her ear.

Kai took a sharp breath, her eyes watered. "First we have chicken salimbocca and fettuccine alfredo for dinner. And then for dessert, we have fudgy turtle pie." He lifted her plate cover, showing the food.

"Wow. The people here can cook. It's so presentable." She looked up at him.

"I told you, I'm not going to get served food. I made it all for today." He sat down taking off his plate cover. Kai could only smile at the man, looking down.

She felt her heartbeat increase. The loud thumping was felt through her skin.

What if he could hear it? She eyed up at Tyler.

He was unbuttoning his top buttons as he parted his mouth, "I was wondering." She looked up all the way to his voice. She was utterly in love with this man that his voice could make her feel different ways no one could ever. "I don't see your dad around. Is he supporting your family from overseas or something?" She bit her lower lip.

Kai thought about how to answer. She found out a while ago she technically had a dad, by law through marriage. But that man ran away the next day and never filed for a divorce. Despite now having to pay for spousal support or something, he still isn't filing for divorce. And her real biological dad died when she was a baby.

Kai only shrugged. "Don't have one." She muttered, making him give a silent 'oh'.

"How about you? Who are your parents?" She asked, tucking her hair out of her face.