• thirty-five •

There it sat, the test her friends suggested days ago, in all its glory...ish.

She went to reach for it but her hand pulled back as she dropped down to groan. "I'm being delusional, it won't happen, Kai, it won't happen." She chanted to herself.

"Dude, just get it." She glared at Aponi next to her. He wasn't interested in her little chanting on the floor. "I would shove you, but there's a possibility that you are pregnant." He muttered, snickering down at her.

"I hope you fall." She throws the threat at him, getting up. "And I think it's a good chance I'm not. If I was I...would have changed in appetite, get sick from foods or something, I'm not pregnant." She chuckled, walking out of the store with him. He sighed, accompanying her. They walked to the orange Honda in the parking lot.

Aponi turned to face Kai, "Are we done now?"

She nodded, and they left to go home, ready to relax and sleep after the long shift, which was 14 hours.

Getting home, they went to Kai's room to watch TV. But fell asleep mid-way through.

Tina walked by, seeing the two kids sleeping, Kai's body going sideways as her legs were in Aponi.

The elderly woman sighed, went in to shut the TV off, and coved the two up, walking out, she shut the door. And when the door was shut, Tiki, Kai's dog jumped up to lay at their feet, snuggling up to their warmth, and the soft blanket.

...

"What do you think about Tyler and Kai?" Ryllie asked, taking a chip from the bag.

Myra thought about the two in question. "Well, she's happier than I've ever seen." She stated.

"I think it's good their getting along together. They seem perfect for one another." Micheal spoke, setting down his Powerade on the ground.

"I think there, moving too fast. They didn't even wait to have sex." Myra sighed, though she understood what Alice was saying.

Kai never moved that fast in previous relationships. Only had one kiss from a Truth or dare game. But with Tyler's, she's given him everything.

It scared Myra, that her friend might be hurt in the long run.

The others agreed with Alice's words.

......

"You see, I think you're mocking me," Kai said, placing her clothes down over her arm.

Aponi snickered. "You do know you only showing me ripped jeans, right? He said he was going to take you out, dazzle you at Le Rendez-vous, and take you to other places. I looked up the restaurant and saw it was fancy. Wear a dress or something."

Aponi looked down at his phone, not wanting to see another pair of identical pants.

Kai turned to her closet. She hasn't worn dresses in so long, besides the dance and that was a one-time thing.

A loud groan crawled out of her mouth, making the boy on the bed flinch and drop his phone.

She took her phone and picked it up, typing and waiting for a response. A few seconds later, she got a response. Smirking, she put her hand on her hip. "Don't worry, I have my spy." She stated.

"Micheal?" Kai shook her head from side to side.

"Lilly." She stated. "My little spy is the best."

...

"Daddy!" The little girl outside the door knocked on it a couple of times. "Can I come in?" Lilly asked, leaning on the door.

"Yes." Tyler turned around, seeing the little kid open his door, get off his phone, and smirk. Just talking to Aponi so he knew why she was coming in.

Tyler, himself, had his spy.

The girl beamed. "Whatcha' wearing for the date?" She asked. "Kai wants to know."

And Kai picked an innocent spy.

The man chuckled, pointing to the bathroom, and showing the clothes hanging up.

She waddled to it, took a picture, and walked out saying her goodbye. Lilly sent the picture, as Kai pouted.

"Fancy it is." She looked in her closet and picked two out.

"Only two options then." Aponi looked up from his phone, seeing the two she held.

He was stunned she would have them. One was short and would fit her body well, showing all her curves.

The other was a long one, a slit down the side. Her cleavage would show, as it went down a long way than the other one.

"The short one." He pointed at.

Kai turned it to herself, looking at it. "Now I'll have to shave my legs." She pouted.