Chapter:29

Ana's POV

"Why are we here?" I asked Taeil. We sat in his car on the other side of the city. It was 8 in the morning and he practically dragged me out of bed. "I have the day off and I'm here, having a stake out with no steak.... or eggs."

"It's Mika." He said laying his head on the steering wheel.

"Did you call her last night?" I asked resting my feet on the dashboard.

He shook his head. "You gave me the wrong number."

My brows knitted and I shook my head. "No I didn't. I gave you Mikas number." I grabbed my phone, unlocked it then tapped on the contacts icon. Scrolling through a few names I stop when I spot Mikas'.

"See." I held up the phone to show Taeil that I gave him the right one.

"When I called a guy picked up."

"A guy?" I asked confused. "As far as I know she doesn't have a boyfriend." Pressing the call icon on my phone, I hold it against my ear.

"Hello?" A tired sounding voice picked up.

"Mika? It's Ana." Taeil lifted his head when he heard her voice.

"Ana, your up so early." She giggled.

"Yeah I was dragged out of my bed." I said shooting a glare to Taeil, who just gave me a small smile. "I have something to give you. Where are you?"

"You can just give it to me at the café."

"I would but my car is in the shop and I'm gonna be at the hospital till tomorrow and I just wanted to give you this.... thing before I forget." I said trying to sound convincing.

It was quiet for a bit before she started talking again. "Okay, I'll text you the address." She said a little nervously, then hung up.

"A thing?" Taeil asked raising a brow at me.

"I know, I'm so convincing?" I said flipping my hair. He chuckles and turns the car on. My phone buzzed on my lap.

"Okay this is the address." I held up the phone to him, he nodded then drove down the street.

"Is this the right place?" I asked staring up at the skyscraper.

"Yeah." Taeil said, almost falling from trying to look at the top of the building. We walked through the huge glass doors and up to a desk where a slender woman with dark brown hair stood.

"Are you Ana?" She asked when she noticed us.

I looked to Taeil then back at the lady. Nodding, she presses a button on the computer next to her.

"The elevator will take you up." She said, her hand gesturing to the doors opening just a few feet from the desk.

We walked in, inspecting the small area. The wall near the back was made of glass and when it started moving up, the view of the city could be seen.

"Whoa.." I breathed out.

"How high up are we?" Taeil asks moving next to me. I turn to look at the floor when we came to a stop.

"27th floor." The doors opened and we walk into a very pristine foyer. A middle aged man walks out from around the corner. He was a few feet taller then both Taeil and me. His hair was a medium brown with gray on the sides. His nose was high and eyes small. Lips thin, his jaw was well defined. Wearing a black tuxdeo he bows to us.

"Welcome. Please follow me." He said then turned around. He lead us farther into the apartment. Stopping in the living room, I spot a familiar blonde head.