Chapter 6

No One's POV:

"Davis get in" Coach said to the calm quiet young man who was caught by surprise looking at his Coach thinking he probably called another name and he thought it was his.

"You Elijah get in" At this  Elijah got up and took of his warm up team shirt and joggers. Now in the teams jersey and short Elijah walked unto the court.

Memphis was playing a against Colin Sexton and the Cleveland Cavaliers. They were just two minutes into the second quarter and Memphis was down by five. He was going to do what ever he can to bring them back.

As soon as people saw Elijah get into the game they boo'd him. 

"Elijah Davis was just into the game. What the hell is the coach doing?" Kevin Harlan said.

"They must really want to lose" Mike Breen said

Memphis had ball so they got in position to inbound the ball to Elijah. Who was nervous, but he took a couple of huge breathes to get rid of them. 

"Don't them bother you bro" Brandon said as he inbounded the ball to Elijah who nodded. 

"Thanks man" Elijah replied before taking the ball down court. As soon as he got behind the three point line he was guarded by Collin Sexton. He knew he couldn't take a shot due to how heavily guarded he was.

Luckily he saw his shooting guard Grayson Allen cutting corners before making a way to basket and passed to him. 

The pass landed directly in Grayson's hand who then slammed it into the net. On defense Sexton had the ball and Elijah made sure to pressure him on defense. HE drove left and Elijah followed him.

When he realized he couldn't get pass the Memphis point guard. He called for a  screen and drove left, Elijah was going to follow him but was blocked by a Cleveland Small forward. Giving Sexton the opportunity to go the basket and make a lay up.

Elijah got open behind the three point line. Jaren seeing this being guarded made a simple pass to hum.

Elijah caught the ball and shot it only to be slammed to the floor. The person who did it gave no fuck what so ever believing he would get a way with it. The ball went into the net giving Elijah his first three points four if a foul is called.

The ref called a foul on Dean Wader catching him by surprise. He thought since it was Elijah he would get away with it.

Kevin Harlan shook his head and gave his opinion "Elijah Davis needs to man up. This sports is for real men"

"He barely even touched him" Breen said both commentators being biased.

What caught Elijah by surprise was the fact that most of the crowd were in support of what the Cavaliers player did. Did people really hate him that much.

He went to the foul line and shot his one free throw making it. From there on Elijah went on to dominate the game. Winning it for his team with 23 points, 5 assists, 3/4 from three point line and 3 rebounds.

That game caught people by surprise, mostly his teammates and Coaching staff. "You see that. We did that" The head Coach said to his team.

"We've been doing good in this summer league and today despite being down during the first half. We worked together as a team and won that" 

"Let's not forget how my man Eli Davis  went crazy in todays game. My man was on fire" Jaren Jackson patting Elijah in the back. The team cheered for him.

To say Elijah was surprise was an understatement. No one had ever cheered for him before. "Thank you but I couldn't have done it without the team"

A/N: It was a quick chapter I know. Also am still learning how write a basketball game in my stories so bare with me.