Chapter 12

"Hmmm" I groaned as my eyes flustered opened. I had to close them a bit due to the light. 

Where am I? My throat feeling a little sore and dehydrated.

I looked around to find myself in a place that seems to be a hospital room.

"Your up" I turned to where the voice came from to see the door opened and standing by it was a man dressed in a full doctor's clothes.

He started to walk towards me and I was a little cautious. 

"Hey it's okay. I  won't hurt you"  

"Where am I? What happened? Where's my dad?" I wondered. I noticed the sad look he gave me and instantly got on high alert.

"Your in New York State General Hospital. You were brought here after being hit by a car when you were pushed a week and two days ago. As for your father am sorry to tell you but Mr. Henry has passed away after being shoved to the ground where he hit his head on the concrete" 

Dad was dead, now I have no one.

"But before he died. He found out that you were in need of blood, he volunteered and luckily he was a match. So we injected some of his blood in you. Before he was pushed and passed away" Doctor said.

All I could do was look down. My eyes felt watery. Why? He left me. Why did he leave me? Especially now that I need him more than ever.

The doctor did some simple check up to make sure my heartbeat, blood pressure and heart rate was good. During the whole time I kept quiet. My mind still on the fact that my father was dead.

"I will give you sometime to yourself. I will come back later with a nurse to do some test and let you know the details of your test. For now get some rest"

I ignored him, laying still on the bed as the doctor left. That was how I was throughout my days in the hospital.

My heart was crushed by this news.

-

TIMESKIP:

3 Days Later

"So Elijah. After testing you. We discovered that you developed CIP. Am immunity to pain although it might sound cool. It's very dangerous as you could be severely injured and not know cause you can't feel it." I just nodded.

The lost of my father really took a toll on me. Though he wasn't my biological father he was more of a father to me. The only person I had to confide in.

"So you need to be careful. But for now your free to go. All you just need to do is go to the reception and sign then you can be on your way" I gave a small nod.

I got of the bed and grabbed my clothes as the doctor left. I went to the bathroom, cleaned up and dressed into something comfortable.

I grabbed the small duffle back and made my way out the room to the hospital reception to sign myself out

I walked up the nurse at the front desk and the moment she saw me she smiled. I looked at her confused. Doesn't she know about me why is she smiling at me.

"The doctor said I could come here and sign out" I explained to her.

"Oh here go. We already have your sign out paper ready" She placed the paper in front of me with a pen.

"Thank you" I grabbed the pen, read the paper and signed it. I slid it back to her and gave her the pen before leaving.

The hospital wasn't to crowded so I was able to get out without getting insults or looks of disgust.

"Hey kiddo" I looked to see who it was.

"Mr Lin" I said surprised.

"Yeah. I just moved to the states. Come on I booked a flight for us to go back to Memphis" He patted my back.

"Dad. How did he die?" I asked

"His ex wife and kids along with the husband. They tried to kick him out the house saying they wanted to buy it. But Henry wasn't selling the house was his inheritance from his parent. It's been bought and paid for way before he was born. So the house was his. He got into a little argument with them which led to one of his son getting angry and tackling him. He hit his head in a concrete. He was decleared dead when he got to the hospital" 

I closed my fist in anger. Those bastards they killed him, they killed him for something that was his.

"You were the only family Henry had. You were a great son to him. Anytime he talked to me about you he always had a smile on his face and a proud aura around him " A small smile made it's away to my face at what he said.

We arrived at the airport and went straight to the check in. They took our passport and when they saw me. They looked stared at me for a long time. I felt uncomfortable so I looked away. 

"Get some sleep kid. You need it. Don't feel guilty. None of your dads death was your fault. You gave him the happiness he always wanted"

It was hard to sleep or even think. I staid up all throughout the flight not getting a single wink.

Damn man's woke up to find out the only person he had died. He really can't catch a break of sad news huh.