Chapter 18

"What's good bro?" Eric one of my classmate in College said.

I had called him and Devin here another one of my class mates here to talk. I won't say they were my best friends but they were very good to me in college. They were blood brothers. Unfortunately they had to move to London and Germany due to family issues and also work on getting another degree.

"Hey man what's up. Thanks' for coming" I dapped both brothers up.

"No problem and man am sorry you had to go through all you went through man. Your a good person it sad people couldn't see that"

"For real. To think your own family abandoned you. Sad man" Devin continued.

"Am over it man. It's in the past now but thank you though" I replied.

"So you wanted to talk to us about?" Devin asked.

"I know you two are lawyers and Managers in sport. I don't have any agency, lawyers or manager. Am in need of all three" I explained.

"So you want me to be your personal lawyer and Devin here to be your Manager and help you find a agent" Eric said hitting the nail right on the coffin.

I nodded my head agreeing "Yeah that's pretty much it"

They looked at each other "well I am done with all my clients."

"And the last client I was managing fucked up. So we agree and leave the agency thing all to me. I got you man" 

I looked at both brother in appreciation. "Thank you very much man. I appreciate it"

Time Skip:

It's been four days since Eric became my lawyer and Devin my manager. They've both been good friends to me and Devin really came through with the agency thing, cause now we about to sign with sign with an agency.

"Welcome. Am Jeff Schwartz the owner of Excel Sports. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Davis, Mr. Jones" The wealthy looking sport agency executive said welcoming us into is office.

He shakes my manager's hands, then turns  towards me " Am glad you decided to give us a chance" I brought forth my hand and we shake hands.

"No thank you for having us" I responded keeping a professional face. He ushers us to sit as he take his seat on his chair opposite us.

"Based on what your manager explained to me. Your looking for a new agency to sign with, since your old agency kicked you out and Excel Sports are looking to sign you into the agency. I could sit here and talk about how stupid Roc Nation was to let you go but am sure you don't want to hear" He chuckled

"Yeah am over it"

"But with the thing's you've been doing so far. I have a feeling your just getting started. Your building a legacy and we would love to be a part of that"

Hmm interesting.

"If you sign with out agency. We will take care of anything contract. With your manager your being side by side with us to make sure each contract and business deals are to your liking. We plan on getting you the best and only the best. "

"If you ever plan on going into any form of business outside basketball. You let your manager know and he tells us." 

After few minutes of talking I was finally convince enough to sign with the agency. "I will sign with Excel Sports" I spoke after looking at Devin who nodded in agreement

"Take your time and go through the contract. See it's to your liking and no mistakes are made" He says and I did just that. I don't trust anyone really. Life experiences as made me wiser.

So I made sure to read and re read the contract before signing. "Welcome to Excel Sports" We shook hands again.

"Glad to be part of the agency" I spoke

Time Skip:

That was a month ago. A month since I finally signed with my new agency, Excel Sport's. So far they've been lot's of help better than Roc Nation that's for sure.

They started by getting me a new contract with Memphis it was based on my Rookie contract with the Laker's but better. A two year $32 million contract. With 80 percent probability of getting a max contract when my Rookie contract is over.

Yeah the contract is big for a rookie and you might wonder why? I was drafted 60 ovr in the 2018 draft. I signed a one year half a million dollar contract. Which Lakers cheated me of. They weren't paying my full money and were bribing my lawyers and Agency to not make a big deal out of it.

I was then traded to Memphis so the contract wasn't finished. So Memphis added part of that to the money. Plus over the month I became a starter and the lead point guard/shooting guard. Since I had made so much impact in the team on and off the court during my time on this team.

They decided to give me a more reasonable rookie contract. If I continue to play the way I play or even better according to Devin. I might get a Rookie supermax contract by the end of this season.

I have played twelve games in total this month. Including the six I needed to become a starter. All six which we won. Then add the other six. Which we only lost two game to Celtics and Phoenix. With me now averaging 24.3 point's, 8 assist  and 7 rebound a game. While making an efficient 32% from three and 40 percent from field goal. 

I could say am doing good but I want to be better than good.

A/N: Another chapter!

Your thought's on Elijah's new Agency and Manager?

Your thought's on Lakers cheating him of his money?

Your thought's on Roc Nation's treatment towards Eliah's?

Thought's on Elijah new rooking contract is it good or should I just go straight to a mas contract.