Chapter 7

Elijah's POV:

"So Elijah Davis. What do you think about him over the last few games he's had." Skip asked his other colleagues.

"Well there's nothing for me to say the kids still got to prove to me. Yeah he did well in the summer league surprise me, surprised everyone. But can he keep it up, let's not forget he's still sex offender" at this I frowned.  

How long is Stephen A Smith and everyone else going to hold this over my head?  I didn't even rape anyone.

"But you do got admit that the kid surprised me. I might just take it easy on  him. It's doesn't change the fact that I have no respect for him for what he did. But I can say he's improved and it's not just the summer league game. I mean the NBA officially started a week ago and Memphis already had three games. In all games he played in for twenty minutes and he's done very well. He also averaged 15.0 ppg, 4 ass per game, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. What matters is can he keep it up through out the season and even next season" Jalen Green said.

I sighed.  The NBA officially started a week ago and Memphis as had four back to back games. Were about to have our fifth. Memphis won the Summer League championship and am happy I got to contribute to that win. 

After Summer League was over Dad booked me a ticket to China to meet a friend who used to play basketball and was damn good at it. Am talking NBA caliber but he got injured. I was there for four months and came back three days before the new season started.

His name was Mr Lin. A 6 feet 6 inches, 58 years old man. Despite his injuries he still worked out so he had some muscles to him.

Those three months training with him was brutal. I had to get up 5 am every morning, which wasn't a problem for me. He was surprised to see me up and already doing stretches at 5. He had me doing a little bit of weight lifting, about 500 push up and 500 ups to improve my strength. 

He also made sure I ate to increase my weight. Although I still don't eat much but it better than getting filled after spoons of rice, even though I don't finish my food's. 

I did lot's and lots of cardio and no not running on cardio machines. No I was running  twenty laps around a track field with Japanese weights. I didn't use them to much cause I didn't want my legs to be all muscly.

I also did some flexibility training and calisthenics to improve my flexibility, agility and endurance on the court. That's was just the start of the training before we moved to passing drills, shooting drills and ball handling drills. Lin also made me get into boxing and MMA to toughen me up.

So I know I have improved and I will continue to improve. 

"Aye men you watching this. Don't listen to them men. All they know how to do is talk shit of Sport's Channel and try to put down someone's hard work. Nobody knows how much work you put in except you and the whole team knows you work hard everyday. Don't let them stress you" Brandon said grabbing the remote and turning of the TV.

"Aye a few of us going out to get some food. You should come with us" He suggested. I nodded.

"Yeah I will come with you guys. Ain't got nothing better to do" I told him, getting of the bench press.

-

"Nah men you crazy for that dawg" Jaren said laughing at the joke Jalen Brunson said. We just got done eating at a New York restaurant.  Even though at first they didn't want me in their restaurant. I was still happy my teammates stood up for me.

I was walking with the team when some bumped into me. "Am sorr..." I tried to apologize only to get a drink with ice thrown at me.

"Aye watch were the fuck you going." A feminine voice I knew to well shouted at me, I looked to see my ex girlfriend who looked at me with anger.

"Am sorry. I wasn't paying attention" I told her looking down at my now soaked shirt. Paparazzi surrounded us and they were all accusing me of bumping into her when she bumped into me..

"Yo you dumb bitch watch were the fuck you going. Before I beat your ass" Asap Rocky said coming behind her. Mean mugging me like he was trying to intimidate me.

"Bro he said sorry. Take your ass back to were you came for" Jalen said standing next to me as he saw Rocky now standing in front of Robyn.

"Who you is again? I wasn't talking to you so step aside" I could tell Asap just wanted humiliate me and make himself look better than me in front of paparazzi and his girlfriend. 

"Jalen don't worry about it. Let's  go" I told him.

"You sure men, cause you know we got you."  Brandon said said I nodded. We had a game today and I didn't want my teammates to get in a fight because of me. Let Asap make a fool of himself.

The nodded and we walked away. I was drenched and my clothes were feeling sticky. So where my hands.

As we were about to cross since the lights were about to turn green. As soon as were about to cross. I was roughly shoved with full force from the back causing me to fall on the road. I got back up only to be hit by a car

And all I saw was black.

A/N: What y'all think? Comment below. Just know that @TheExcalibur-456-789 gave me the idea.