Chapter 28

ELIJAH POV:

"The defendant Kevin Williams is guilt of  the murder of Mr. Henry Williams and is sentenced to 10 years in jail and two years of probations as for the rest of you. As for you Clara James and Tyler James and the rest are sentenced to two years in  prison for illegally claims of property" The judge declared.

I wanted to cry so bad man. I finally brought Justice to my dad. His murderers were paying for their crimes and the house where mine. We've have been secretly working on this case before I even got the endorsement with PUMA. I thought I was going to lose but Eric and Mr Lee came through with the proof.

"Wait but it was an accident. I didn't mean it. I was just mad WAIT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT" Kevin yelled as he was handcuffed and being dragged out of the court probably to jail.

His mother and step father were also dragged out handcuffed. Making me sigh in relief. The property was now mine fully and dads murders were put behind bars. I hope I made him proud. I hope he was happy were ever he is.

I missed that place. I missed animals, the horses, the flowers everything. It was a place of peace for me. 

"Thanks man. You really helped me out, a lot" I told Eric as I hugged him. Thanking him over and over again.

"Don't worry about it Eli. They needed to pay for what they did. Besides am your friend I got your back man" Eric replied.

"Copy" I replied to him before looking at Mr. Lee. "Mr Lee. I really couldn't have won this case without you bringing the proof. Thank you" I told the old man.

"You don't have to thank me kid. Henry was my very good friend. A good guy who had bad family. It's a shame those kids have his blood flowing through their veins and not you." Mr Lee said and I gave a low chuckle.

-

"Old man. Your killers are now behind bars. I was able to get your home out their hold. I hope I made you proud dad. You were an amazing man. A loving father. When the whole word saw a monster, you saw a kid who just wanted a place to lay his head" I stood in front of his grave as a tear slid down my face.

"You could rest easy now.  I will take good care of the farm house and the animals. I found out that Clara and her husband were planning on selling the horses for money. Cray right. Am so glad I got the place back in time. Oh yeah and I signed my first ever multimillion contract. I get to have my own signature shoe. I would have never thought this would happen for me. I also got a private jet. Well not technically mine but it will mine to use for the rest of mine contract. I just wish you would be here to see it. But I know you watching, so I'ma keep making you proud. Am just getting started" I said as now I had tear streaming down my face.

"I got to go. Am suppose to have a interview with Oprah but I promise I will be back to come see you pops" I placed the flowers on his gravestone.

The team was on a break for five days. I've been using the time I had to get the few rest I can and practice. Also get my fathers property back and put his murders in jail. Now I had to go for an interview with Oprah. I had rejected the first one invite she had sent me and invites from other interviewers.

Cause why not?

Ain't none of them wanted to speak to me before. Why now? They all the same people in my eyes. Hypocrites. Preach about peace and against abuse and violence. Except when it came to my situation. I deserved it. Now I was proving innocent of rape and bullying in high school. Now new information came out about me being hindered in high school, college and the Lakers. Now they want to have an interview and act all buddy buddy.

I was going to reject this interview. But Devin, Eric and Jeff talked me into it. So I agreed. Now I have to get ready.

-

"I see your already dressed very good" Devin said

(Imagine the Sneakers was Puma)

We got to the building. As soon as we walked in we already had a guide to direct us to the waiting room.

"You will be called in 10 minutes. And once your called. You walk out through that area" She pointed to a entrance where am supposed to pass to the stage.

"You understood?" She asked looking at me.

"Yeah" I replied

"You can just wait right here. Once it hit 7 minutes you going to walk and wait at that entrance till she calls you. Just as to make the whole moving process easier" The lady explained.

I gave her a nod letting her know I understood. "Okay" She said before walking away. I sat down on the couch just  talking with Devin.

"Here to introduce our special guest please welcome. Elijah Davis" She called out and I heard people clapping.

"Good to have you here Elijah" Oprah said as I took a sit. "Thank you" I replied as I took a sit.

Oprah: So Elijah how are you doing?" 

Me: Am doing well thank and yourself

Oprah: Am doing good

Oprah: Elijah not to long ago you dropped a career high 75 points. Something not many NBA players are doing often. Tell me, how do you feel about that? What was your reaction when you realized you had 75?

Me: I was surprised, I was excited, I was in complete disbelieve. To be completely honest you I went into that game putting it in my mind that I wanted to help my team win. Whether it's scoring, passing, rebounds. My mindset during that game was I couldn't lose, I just couldn't. Winning that game was really important.

Me: At that moment I was afraid of messing up, missing important shots or making dumb passes. My mind was going to the fact that I could score 75 points or even 50. My mentality was that at this point of my career it wouldn't be possible. But it happened and am happy.

Oprah: Wow. So in your mind you wanted to help your team win but you weren't expecting to even get up to fifty points but at the end you up scoring 75 and your team won. That's crazy

Oprah:So in away that game exceeded your expectations.

She added

I gave a nod

Me: Yes it did

Oprah: You seem to have great relationship with your teammates and they seem to have taken a liking to you. Even after the fight and all. What were there reactions to the 75 points?

She leaned in.

Me: They were happy for me. They came in screaming and yelling with laughter hyping me up and stuff dumping ice water on me. Am standing there confused like what's going on. That was when I was told I had 75 points. They were really happy for me, really happy

Oprah: How did that make you feel?

Me: Like a human being

 I replied and she gave a sad smile. I could see from the corner of my eye people looking at me with pity and I hated it. It made me feel like a child, weak and helpless. 

Oprah: Can you elaborate?

Me: I guess that's just the feeling I felt when they showed so much happiness for me. It's not something am used to

A/N: Continuation of chapter next chapter. I hope you enjoy the update and happy late thanksgiving.