Chapter 20

ROBYN'S POV:

The game ended and Elijah's team won. To my surprise he came back after his injury and made more point's. 

"Hey lil boy" Mel said as soon as she saw her boyfriend Devin. I think that's his name.

"What's good meanie?" He said pulling her into a hug. I watched as they kissed happy for her.

"What you doing here" Mel asked him.

"Well am Elijah Davis manager and my big brother over here is his lawyer. We're very close friends with him. So we came out here to support him" He explained. This caught my attention instantly.

They were friends with Elijah. But wait what does he mean manager. Elijah's manager was..... 

I then remembered that his old manager cut ties with him, so did Roc Nation. Am guessing he signed with a new agency and a new manager.

"Wait your Elijah's knew manager?" Mel asked shocked. "Yeah what's wrong?" He replied back. "Nothing" She gave a short reply  slightly looking at me.

"What you doing here Mel?" He asked both brothers not noticing me. "I came here to watch a game with my best friend Rob" She said pointing at me. They finally took notice of me and the smile's dropped from their faces.

"Oh" They both said with annoyance in their tone. "Rob meet Devin my boyfriend I've been telling you about. Babe meet my bestfriend since childhood Robyn" She said pointing at me.

"We know who she is" Devin said with a rude tone. "Why you sound like..."

Melissa got caught off by a soft husky voice. "Sorry for taking so long to get here. Coach instructed I get my arm checked again by the team doctor. They weren't going to let me leave if I didn't do it" Mickey said walking towards the brother not taking notice of us.

"But am ready to go now. Thanks for waiting" He said. Seeing him on the court playing I was nervous. But him standing directly in front of me, brought nostalgia, guilt hit me full force. He was way taller now and looked to have added some muscles.

"Elijah" Melissa called out .

Said person turned his head and looked at us. I know talked a lot of shit about him but he looked so different. I never realized how handsome he was till now. Neither did I realize his eyes were the same as mine.  He no longer wore glasses.

He looked good, really good, beautiful even. He still wore his baggy clothes but with a little more swagger to it.  A long black button shirt, with grey loose trousers and black boot's. A black bandana tied on his head.

But what caught my attention was the fact that there was no a smile on his face

But what caught my attention was the fact that there was no a smile on his face. Elijah always used to smile, always no matter what. Looking at him now his face was just blank, no emotion's what so ever.

"I will see you two later at the hotel. " He told Devin and his brother who nodded with worry on their faces.

"Elijah wait" I called out but he just walk's away not stopping once to find out my reason for calling.

It was nothing but silence "Devin I'ma go with Elijah. Go spend time with your girlfriend" His brother said.

"Eric you sure. I can..:"

"No stay with your girlfriend. I will go with him. Elijah would feel guilty and sad if felt you had to stop spending time with your girlfriend because of his past with her and her friend.
His brother Eric said with a sneer.

"I just hope she don't end up treating you the same way like they did to Eli. Your to kind for her and people like her find treating kind people badly a joy" His brother said leaving and my eyes widened at this as Melissa also had the same look of shock.

I could say what his brother said got to Devin. As he turns to look at Melissa and myself like if he was unsure if we would treat him the same way as Elijah.

"Mel I have to go. Get home safe" He said taking a look at Mel then myself and walked away.

Wow

NEXT DAY:

I could tell Melissa was still sad about what happened yesterday with her boyfriend and his brother.

"Elijah really ignored you two." Nicki said shock.

"Ignored. He didn't even acknowledge us" Melissa said. I was deep in thought. "He was so cold. There wasn't a single smile on his face even when playing the game. He didn't even flinch when Jr Smith injured him. He just kept the same blank face." I whispered out.

"To think I used to find his smile annoying but since  I met him yesterday. I just wished I could see his smile again" I continued.

"We did that to him" Bey whispered out loud

"We hurt him bad " Bey continued. I heard a sniffle from her. " I mean were expecting him to be all smile's with us. The last time we saw him we tortured him and he was disowned by aunt Janie. The only thing we can do now is try to earn his forgiveness" Solange said.

I looked at Melissa. "Mel" I said softly. She had a sad look on her face. "I should have known that what I did to Elijah would come back to bite me in the ass" She said softly.

"What happened?" Nicki asked softly

"Her boyfriend happens to be Elijah's new manager. His elder brother is also Elijah's old friend. He said said something to his younger brother about him being to kind for her and how people like us. Love to make kind people like her boyfriend and Elijah suffer. Ever since then her boyfriend has been keeping his distance" I replied

"Oh Mel am so sorry" Nicki got up and hugged Mel. I hugged her also. She was my bestfriend, my sister from another mother.

We all tried to comfort her despite feeling sad ourselves.

A/N: Another chapter.

Do you think Eric was right to say that to Devin about Melissa?

Your thought's on Rihanna?

Do you think Devin is cautious of Melissa?