Chapter 16

ELIJAH DAVIS POV:

It's been two week's. Two weeks since I decided I wanted to be the greatest. I play my fourth game of the season and my first since the accident.

I was excited. I just couldn't wait to show them I've gotten better. I haven't been active on social media since the whole rape accusation. Well I haven't been active in social media at all.

 But according to Mr. Lin people has been wondering about my where about and hoping that I was okay.

As of right now. Well it was Henry's funeral and I couldn't help the sadness I felt knowing he was really gone. Viewing his body wasn't easy. Emotionally I mean. Staring at his body knowing he was dead was terrifying for me.

It was myself, Mr. Lin, a few people that knew Henry from coming to the farm to buy fresh products. It was a small amount of people but I was grateful they came out to pay respect.

I paid for his casket and for the place were he would be buried. I made sure I got him the best casket and also a new grave site. 

"Henry was a great man. An honorable man. The few who knew him, knew him to be a kind, respectful man. Who loved to help people. May his soul rest in peace" The pastor said officiating the funeral said,

"Would you like to say something's before we proceed" He asked looking at me with pity.

I dislike that look.

It felt like they saw me like some powerless teenager and am not. At least not anymore.

"Henry was a good man. A father, a great father. The father I never had. While many were showing me nothing but hatred and abuse. Kicking me out. Henry took me in, gave me a place to stay and lay my head. He fed me when I had no food to eat. When I had no one to turn to after being disowned by my family. He was there, his word of advice and encouragement where enough to get me through the day. " I said

 Memories of the times I spent with him flowing through my head as I spoke "I wish he was alive. I wish he was still here with me. I know it's selfish. But I have never asked for anything big just someone that would show me compassion and the one person that showed me that is gone." I looked down clenching my fist. 

I paused as realization that he was truly gone hit me full force.

"But a part of me is happy, because Henry suffered to and he deserves to be happy" I looked at his casket. A white casket with a gold handle.

"So am happy cause I know he's in a better place. No more pain, no more heartbreak and I know he's watching over me. So dad I want you to know that I love you and I respect you. I cherish the father son bonds we had together and I will always keep it close to my hear. I love you dad" I finished.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see the pastor patting my back. "Those were so beautiful words son. Came straight from the heart" He told me.

"Now we will finally be laying Henry to rest." I watched as father's casket was lowered six feet into the ground as sand started to cover it. 

Man as much as  wanted to cry. I couldn't. My heart is broken, but I got to stay strong.

By this time everyone was gone. Just me and Mr. Lin. I just stood there looking at his his grave. I felt a drop on my head and the next thing it started to pour like crazy. Thunder booming through the sky's as if heaven was crying for him.

"Let's go kid. It's raining heavily and you could catch a cold" Mr. Lin tried to move me but I didn't bulge.  I just stood still continuously staring at the grave.

"Kid come on. Henry wouldn't want you to be sad" He said and that was enough to get me to move. My body was moving on it's own ad my mind was else well.

When I got to my hotel room I closed the door and locked it. Taking all my clothes off and walking to the bathroom. 

I walked to the bath and turned the water on waiting on till it got filled, before getting in. I dipped my whole body into the water. 

I held my breathe as my face was underwater. I looked up trying to keep my eyes wide open. Thought's ran through my head and I stayed in this position for a while.

A/N: Here is another chapter. I will try to make the next chapter better than this. But please vote and comment.