Chapter 56: What happened?

They were driving off road trying to get there as sublte as they possibly could.Steve was driving and Nancy was sitting next to him. The both of them tangled in a conversation.The others were sitting in the back of the RV.

Lilly was sitting on the bench in the back.With Eddie in front of her she was trying to comb through his hair with a brush she found. It was a tangled mess but that wasn't so weird after being hunt down for at least a week. He was half asleep. feeling a bit save for the first time in that week.

Robin was sitting next to her she was on the verge of falling asleep.Dustin was sitting on the other side of her. The two of them were talking about what happened when Lilly had that thing with Vecna. She had let out the parts of her dad.Lilly didn't want to think about that.But she explained what she saw and what he told them.

Max was sitting in the middle of the bus her headphones on her headLucas walked over to her and got her attention.Max pulled her headphones of her head. And the started a conversation that Lilly couldn't quite pitch into.

'But Lils...' Dustin then said. 'What did you see if you don't mind me asking..' Suddenly the rv got quiet. Lilly was continuing on Eddie's hair.Everyone was not looking at her. But they were quiet. Lilly didn't answer his question at first.

'Why don't you ask Nancy i mean she was there too..' Lilly said pulling on Eddie's hair.'Ouch.' he said as she then let go of his hair and raised her hands up a little putting them on her lap. Eddie turned around on his knees sitting in front of her. He never thought about the traumatizing part about it. Not that he just thought she was a careless girl who didn't have any problems but not these heavy ones.

Lilly then stood up and started rummaging through a few cabinets. 'Mine was about Barb.' Nancy then said. Everyone looked up to Nancy who said it. 'I still feel like it's my fault if I hadn't got...' she was silent for a second looking at Steve.'Distracted.' she said looking back to the road.

'Fuck Wheeler..' Eddie said trying to sympathize. 'I'm sorry that you had to relive that again Nance.' Lilly said Lilly started to feel more comfortable with Nancy. Not only did they fight off bats together they also almost died together at Vecna's hands.

Lilly had found makeup and walked back to the space she previously sat on.But only Eddie had taken her spot. She didn't mind and sat between his legs. Lilly pulled up a mirror and started doing her eyeliner.

'Mine was my dad.' Lilly then said.She was concentrating on her eyeliner hoping that if she distracted herself she could talk about it. Lilly had kinda blocked the memories. Everyone went silent. Even Steve.She glanced in his direction he was looking at her through the rare view mirror.

'My dad died when i was ten.' Lilly said. 'I had been bugging him for the new AC/DC album, i'm not sure if it was new but he had been singing it non-stop so it was new to me..' She said as she was putting an eyeliner wing on her left eye.

'And he caved.' she said as she finished the wing on her left eye. 'He put me in his truck and we went to the record store, i had been saving money for it and everything.But then we got into an accident. And he...' Lilly's voice stocked in the back of her throat. She finished the wing on her right eye. Everyone was silent.

'Guys i'm good. It's over..' Lilly slammed the cabinet door closed again. 'I'm so sorry for you Lil.' Nancy then said. 'I'm sure he loved you enourmessly..' Robin said. To which the others agreed and Lilly had a small smile on her face. She sat back against Eddie's legs and he was stroking through her hair. 'Guys...' Steve then said.'We're here.'