22 | Anchovies

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

I sit in my office staring at the screen, slowly swirling the whisky in my glass around. My gaze flicks from box to box which holds images and video feed to the warehouse near the docs. I watch as Ric, Dom, and Carlo talk to one of the Morales men.

We have a shipment of contraband coming in, most of the shipment is drugs. With Riccardo looking after weapons, Carlo on shipping, and Dom on security, I know for a fact that everything will run smoothly.

I'm still looking at the screen when a knock echoes through my office.

"Come in." I close the tab with the cameras and watch as the youngest Marino walks through the door, closing it behind her. "What do you need?"

Alessia looks around the office before answering me, taking a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk. "Oh, nothing, just came to chat."

I stifle a sigh before pulling the camera feed back up onto the screen. "Well if you want to chat to someone go to either Dani or maybe even your sister. I don't have the time, patience, or energy to listen to you talk about something that isn't important."

"Well, it's important to me."

I look at her with a bored expression.

"It's Aria." She continues, and I roll my eyes.

"Clearly we have different meanings to important."

"What did you do to her?"

I finish off my whisky, my eyes still glued to the screen.

"I didn't do anything."

"Lorenzo, as much as you may hate my family and as much as you may not trust us,"

"-I don't."

"I told you about how Aria has some... intimacy issues."

That caught my attention, pulling my gaze from the screen. She said she doesn't let people kiss her, not intimacy issues.

"She what?"

"Cazzo." Alessia whispers under her breath, sinking into the chair. "Aria doesn't like talking about it. She'd rather warm up to someone enough to be able to tell them without them questioning her."

I sit up in my chair, reach over into the top drawer, pull out a blunt, and light it. "So you're here to talk to me about keeping my mouth shut?"

"No, I'm here to tell you to put all your sexual fantasies of my sister away, because you are only going to end up destroying her."

"Sexual fantasies?" I chuckle around the blunt before inhaling deeply.

"Don't bull shit me, Lorenzo. I see the way you fucking look at her."