10 • Sharing Secrets

You and Draco had fallen asleep.

He had woken up in the middle of the night, a bit stressed when he realised where he was. Feeling the cold wind from the open window he walked quietly over to close it. You were still sound asleep.

Draco looked at you for a second. Feeling warm inside he smiled at the sight of you. Then Pansy came to mind and he couldn't help but frown. He didn't know what to do, but he was mostly just happy that you seemed to be okay with him, and you hadn't kicked him out.

Walking over to you he gently placed a blanket over your body, making sure he didn't wake you.

Then he left the room.

-

Closing the door as quietly as he could muster Draco turned around only to be faced with his father. Both equally as shocked to see the other.

«What do you think you're doing, Draco?», his father asked, looking down at his son as if he despised him. He was slightly flaring his nostrils, his eyebrows narrowed.

«What's it to you?», he challenged, trying to be brave. Clenching his fists in annoyance.

His father looked him up and down, as if he was searching for answers. He didn't seem to find any. Perhaps only Draco's sleepy face said something.

«What happens in my house is my business, Draco», he said slowly, his voice monotone. He used his walking stick to lift Draco's chin up to face him after he had looked away. «I keep finding you in Y/N's room, I find it highly inappropriate», he stated.

Draco chuckled, and judging by his facial expression his father certainly didn't approve. «She is my friend, and I am 16. Let me be, like you said you would», he sneered. «Besides, we only talked and I happened to fall asleep».

Lucius bent down, whispering in his son's ear. «You leave her alone», he demanded. Shivers going down Draco's spine. Lucius straightened up, softening his expression, «what about the Parkinson girl?», he asked.

Draco was confused. «Why do you care?», he looked at his father, trying to look angry. Deep down he was frightened by him.

«You see, Draco, our reputation is valuable. I don't want to see you going around ruining it», he said through gritted teeth.

«I don't understand. Do you not like Y/N?».

Lucius' face changed. He blinked quickly, losing his focus. Looking away from his son he desperately tried to fight a smile. However, it didn't take him long to wipe all emotions from his face, his look glazed.

Draco thought nothing of it. Only thinking the question made him uncomfortable.

«That's not what I was referring to. Courting two young ladies at the same time isn't a very good image to have», he explained. Cursing himself for the poorly made up excuse for his growing jealousy.

«Who are you to judge me? I know you don't love mother, that's why you sent her away. Telling people she's with my aunt to hide the truth», Draco's bottled up emotions surfaced.

Lucius found himself speechless.

«Go to your room», he finally demanded. Draco sent him a glare before walking away.

-

It was the last full day at the manor, and you had found yourself a spot on the balcony eating breakfast in your pyjamas, using your bathrobe for some warmth. You had gotten up earlier than the others, having had trouble falling back asleep once you'd woken up cold and alone.