71 • My Weakness

You woke up on christmas morning with Severus sleeping heavily next to you. His arm was draped over your stomach and his hair almost completely covered his face.

Chuckling lightly you watched his hair move along with his breathing.

You lifted his arm off of you carefully and snuck out of the warm covers to go check on Scarlet. On the way out of the room you grabbed a blanket to cover your body. The floor felt cold beneath your bare feet as you hurried over to the other bedroom.

Upon opening the door you found it to be desolate, with just a black crib in the middle. The eerie emptiness of the room sent shivers down your spine.

Standing by the crib you felt heat rise to your cheeks. Scarlet's sleepy face matched Snape's so much you could hardly understand why no one had guessed it yet.

You had been unsuccesful in falling asleep for a couple of hours the night before, despite how tired you had been, as Snape's words lingered in your mind. The ones about how Lucius Malfoy had visited his office.

It's my fault. He shouldn't lose his job because of me.

He had tried to warn you about the man, but you'd fallen for the senior Malfoy's charms anyway. Much to your own regret.

Since father and daughter was still asleep you decided to take the opportunity to write a letter. You had to fix this.

You found a quill and parchment in your trunk downstairs, and walked to the kitchen to begin writing.
But you were startled to hear Snape's deep voice yell out your name from the second floor. «Y/N?!»

You dropped your quill as your body instantly went cold. He called out for you once more, even louder this time. Anyone would've feared the temper and urgency of his yelling, but your mind travelled elsewhere.

Scarlet? Is she in danger?

There was a loud thud, which only seemed to heighten your sudden and unforeseen anxiety. You stood up quickly and ran up the stairs, gripping the blanket you'd wrapped around your naked body.

«Severus?», you cried, only to find him standing in the hallway, naked and distressed.

«Where were you?», he hissed as his heart raced like the speed of the Hogwarts Express.

«I was», you began and furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, pointing to the stairs, «just down there».

Snape let out a deep sigh of relief. You raised an eyebrow.

«What happened? What was the noise?», you asked, your eyes wandered over his body and you struggled to contain a smirk. It wasn't too often you got the chance to look and lustfully examine his naked body in full like this.

He cleared his throat as he realised he wasn't dressed at all, «I woke up. You weren't there. And, I», he paused awkwardly, «stumbled».

Walking over to him you used your blanket to cover the both of you as you wrapped your arms around his neck, «well, I didn't want to disturb your sleep», you replied. He huffed.

«You can't just disappear».

«I didn't, I was literally just downstairs», you said and looked into his eyes, «why? Did you think I would?»

Snape clenched his jaw and ran a hand over his face, «no», he said in a drawl and began pulling you with him back to the bedroom. You let out a weak chortle.

«Severus, is everything alright?», you asked.

«I simply want you back under the covers», he replied, his voice still rough from sleeping. It didn't take long till he got what he wanted as you found yourself trapped in his grasp as his little spoon, pressed against his naked warmth.