Part 1

The commotion happening inside the castle, only across the hall of you, did not succeed at stopping you from finishing your work

The commotion happening inside the castle, only across the hall of you, did not succeed at stopping you from finishing your work. The knock on the door made you look at them, already rolling your eyes, knowing who it is.

"Come in." You put down your quill, leaning forward on the table.

The doors slowly opened, revealing your friend, Genevieve. "Your Highness."

A smile spread on your face and you gestured for her to come in with your hand. "Do you want to sit?"

She shook her head. "No, thank you. I'm here today because of your sister."

"Of course you are." You said.

"We're making the final adjustments on her dress. I thought you might want to see it now."She explained, and you looked between her and the parchment on your table that you were writing on only a few moments ago.

"I know, but I have work to do-"

"Please come with me, Y/N, you're already working hard enough." She said, approaching your chair and taking your hand to gently pull you out of it. "I'm sure Lady Rose would love to hear your thoughts as well."

"Fine. But I can't stay for long." You replied, allowing her to pull you out of your very comfortable chair.

She led you to the room across the one you were in, watching as numerous ladies were fussing about your sister's wedding dress, making sure everything was in its place while she was standing, dressed in the said dress, allowing the ladies to turn and adjust her body however they wanted it.

"Ah, Miss Schedule is here." Your sister said once her gaze had fallen on you entering the room. You put on a fake smile, mocking her.

"Very funny."

Her whole life, she has been wondering how you managed to stay so organized since young age, show up everywhere on time and not a moment late. Sometimes she thought you had your whole life planned out. As her older sister, you were always the epitome of a proper court lady to her. You were simply born for that life, while she was always on the rebellious side.

"I see your dress is almost finished."You looked over the white dress with a huge train. You wondered if she would even be able to move in it on the day of her wedding.

"We're very close to it, Your Highness." One of the ladies said."We're making the final adjustments."

You nodded, while your sister looked at you, expecting you to compliment her. "Well, how do I look?"

"It's... it's a pretty dress." You finally spoke, and her face fell.

"You don't like it."

"No, no, of course I like it!" You immediately corrected her. "I'm just wondering how you'll be able to move in it."

"Oh." She said, looking down at the dress. "We'll find a way."

"It will be the wedding of the century."One of the ladies said, making your sister smile. "Prince Tony will fall even more in love with you."

You almost scoffed. The Prince didn't even know both, your sister and you. You knew everybody in the castle talked about the wedding and wondered why you weren't the one marrying the Prince, since you were the firstborn of the most important duke to the crown and held a higher rank than your sister. The truth was that the Queen Maria had only met your sister when she was visiting your duchy and arranged the marriage between her and Prince, thinking she would be perfect for him.

You were thankful that at least you weren't getting married to him. There were rumors about him that he slept with almost every young maid that the castle had, and also that he had drinking problems.

"What about your wedding, Your Highness?"One of the ladies asked.

"What about it?" You asked her.

"Did any of the handsome dukes catch your eye?"

You chuckled. "Romance is for children, Sophie. If I get married, it will be for the sake of my family and my house."

"Of course." Your sister, Rose, rolled her eyes.

"I have work to do. I have to leave you now." You glared at Rose once again before leaving the chambers.

Your sister looked at your retreating figure until the maids closed the door after you. "The first thing I'll do when I become the Queen is forbid her from working anymore."

"Queen?" One of the ladies asked, looking up at Rose.

"Of course. When I get married to the Prince and the King dies, we'll become the King and Queen." She smiled, looking at the crown set on the vanity. It was one from the Queen's collection, sent by her for your sister's wedding. "How do you think the crown will look on me?"