Part 23

"What did you say?" Tony questioned you again, making you look at him with a serious expression on your face.

"You heard me."You said.

"My cousin touched you?" He asked, his voice now a lot softer than it was moments before.

You shook your head. "I killed him before he could do what he had in mind."

Tony nodded, looking over your face."Good."He said."You should've cut his hands off."

"It wouldn't happen if you didn't pay him to kill me."You said, raising your head to look at him. Your faces were close, so close you could feel his breath on your face.

"I know."He said, tucking a piece of your hair behind your ear."I knew you could protect yourself."He whispered out.

"I'll need that skill during this marriage, won't I?" You asked, looking into his eyes.

"Of course not."He replied, his gaze wandering down to your lips."You've got me to protect you. It is my duty."

You only let out a laugh. "Protect me from yourself?"

"Me?" He raised an eyebrow. "Do you think I would kill you?"

"You tried doing that once. I can't be sure you won't do that again."

"Yet you sleep by my side every night. I've had plenty of chances to kill you. If I truly wanted to do it, you would've been cold in your grave by now."

"You're very romantic, husband. Did anyone ever tell you that?" You asked him, still leaning against the table and him almost towering over you.

"No lady has ever seen my romantic side, I'm afraid."He replied.

His gaze wandered to your lips again and you found yourself in some trance, slightly parting your lips and waiting for what will happen next. Tony's face only got closer to you and just when he wanted to act, there was a knock on the door. You two quickly parted and you put more distance between you and Tony. The doors opened and his mother walked in, her smile widening when she saw you both.

"Am I interrupting something?" She asked with a knowing look.

"No!" You both said quickly.

"We were only talking."Tony said.

"I am glad you two made it up. I was wondering if we should throw a ball in Alistair and Rose's honor? They will be parents soon."

You and Tony shared a look.

Before Maria opened her mouth to talk, Tony interrupted her. He knew she will go into little detail about what she wanted for the ball, so he wanted to leave as quickly as possible."You can tell Y/N all about what you want, mother. She will organize it. I must go now."

"Now?"She asked, but he was already walking to the door, with you glaring at him.

The following night the ball was held, as the Dowager Queen wanted. Tony was waiting for you in front of your chambers as you were getting ready. You had maids preparing you, and you refused to let him in with them in the same chambers. After all, you were staying true to your word. He was walking up and down in front of your chambers, already dressed.

He heard the door open and he turned towards them. His lips parted when he saw you. His eyes were wandering all over you as he tried to gather his thoughts. You were wearing a long, red gown that had golden details over your waist and on the top of the corset, that showed off your cleavage. You had a golden necklace hanging in between your breasts, which drew Tony's attention. Your hair was curled and you looked beautiful. On top of your head, you had a tiara, from Queen Maria's collection, that had red jewels in it.