Part 35

When you opened your eyes again, you were in bed and Tony was by your side. You reached towards him, confused because of what happened."Tony..."

"You're fine now, my love."He carressed your hair while placing a kiss on your cheek."Everything will be fine."

"What happened?" You asked.

"You fainted. They are trying to help you feel better, darling."He said and you looked around the room, only to be met with the sight of a man you knew very well, it was the healer who was caring for your wounds only a few months ago.

"Your Grace, I hope you're feeling better now."He said and you looked at Tony.

"A little. Do you know what happened?"

He nodded. "Yes. You fainted because of the stress that your body has been through and-"

"I knew it."Tony interrupted him."I shouldn't have brought you to the meeting. It's all my fault."

"You didn't have a choice."You took his hand to calm him down and he met your gaze, smiling at you."They wanted us both there."You said.

"As of now, you must rest more, Your Grace."The man continued talking to you while you and Tony shared a look."You must avoid such situations, as your body needs time to recover."

You nodded your head. "I will do what I can."

"You must try, as you are with child now."As soon as the words left his mouth, you felt as if the whole world simply stopped. You looked at Tony, who had the same expression on his face, both of you clearly taken aback by such news.

"I am what?" You asked, as shivers spread over your body. You never thought you would hear those words, and this felt like you were dreaming.

"You are with child, Your Grace. You're carrying the future heir to the throne. Congratulations! You're possibly about two months into the pregnancy."He explained while you and Tony looked at each other with large smiles on your faces."Everything seems fine for now, but if you continue this, it cannot be good for you and the baby, Your Grace."

"Of course. Give us a minute, will you, my lord?"

He nodded before he left the room. As soon as he did, Tony was leaning down, his lips capturing yours in a kiss as you giggled and kissed him back. His hand made its way to your stomach and he rubbed it before speaking."You're carrying my child."He whispered onto your lips and you quickly nodded, happy tears escaping from your eyes.

"I am."You said, hands cupping his face as he kissed you again.

"You've made me the happiest man ever."He said.

Over the following days, Tony would make sure you were well enough and resting as much as you could. He would have the healthiest meals prepared for you and he would tend to your every need, even the smallest ones. You decided not to tell anybody yet, wanting to enjoy those news by yourselves until everybody found out and started unnecessarily fussing over you and the baby. Currently, you were taking a walk in the garden with Tony next to you. He held your hand in his and was watching over you like a hawk, making sure there were no ways for you to hurt yourself.

"Tony."You spoke, quickly glancing around to make sure nobody was close to you."I am capable of taking care of myself. Nothing will happen to me and the baby."

"Of course it won't. After all, it's my son you're carrying. He is strong."He glanced down at your belly and smiled."But I cannot take any chances."

"Don't you have other duties?" You asked.

"Yes. But, they can wait."He said and just then, you were approached by a guard saying there was someone waiting on Tony for a meeting. He was about to refuse when he met your gaze.

"Tony, you have to do this, or they will say I'm a bad Queen and keeping you away from your duties again."You said, squeezing his hand in yours."Please, go. I'll be fine."

"Fine, but I will be back soon."He said and placed a kiss on your forehead, his hand only slightly brushing against your stomach before he left.

You turned around, continuing your walk, while Natasha joined you. However, she stepped back when Lord James approached you, a disturbing smile on his face. "Your Grace. How are you feeling today?"

Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked at him. The man who wanted you gone was asking about your well-being now. "I'm fine, my lord. How are you?" You asked, trying to be polite, but still keep the talk short.

"Quite good."He said and you were about to give him a smile and walk past him when he spoke up again."The weather is nice, so I thought I should come out and train with my sword. I heard from my brother, before his tragic end, that you were quite skilled with a sword. Do you mind joining me today?"

"Oh, uh..." You looked at him and forced a smile on your face."I'm afraid I can't. I'm not feeling very well."

"Is everything alright with you? Are you sick? Do you want me to call someone-" You looked down at his hand as he placed it on your shoulder and took a step forward.

"No, no."You quickly interrupted him. You didn't want him to find out you're with child yet."I will be fine. It's nothing."

"Lord James, I suggest removing your hand from my wife while it is still attached to your body."You recognized Tony's voice and you turned around, only to see him making his way towards you."Why are you touching her?"

"I was only asking if she is alright. I suggested that we train with swords, but she refused."

"She can't train. Now, I'm sure you have other duties than bugging her about training."

"Of course."He bowed his head under Tony's intense glare."I apologize. I will go now."

You nodded, watching his retreating figure before you turned to Tony."That was quick."

"The guard told me Lord James was harrassing you. I wanted to help you, my duties can wait."He said, making you chuckle as he wrapped a hand around your shoulders, bringing you closer to his body as he placed a kiss on the top of your head.