Part 14

"I think this one shall be the perfect choice." The Queen said, adjusting the dress on your shoulders. Her chambers were filled with a dozen of tailors and her own maids. You turned to look at the mirror and almost gasped when you saw your reflection. You were wearing a long, white dress and you were wondering if you would be able to walk in it. You turned to the side, admiring the golden details on the upper part of the corset and around your waist. Your gaze fell on the cloak of the dress, which had red and golden details too."What do you think, my dear?"

"I... " You said, still admiring the gown, twirling the cloak. "It looks perfect, Your Grace."

The older woman smiled. "I'm glad you like it. It has our house colors."She spoke and you nodded."Well then, my tailor will make the final adjustments on the dress and it will be ready for your wedding, just in time."She said as the maids began to take the dress off your body. "I am truly sorry this had to happen this way. But I think you and Tony are a good match."

You only smiled at her, but decided to keep silent. If she only knew of how your relationship looked like...

As soon as you returned to your chambers, the warm sun made you want to read outside on your balcony. You did just that, sitting outside on the chair and drinking tea. Natasha was by your side. You lifted your gaze off the book and looked down at the garden, only to regret your decision. You saw Tony, enjoying the company of Lady Lucy. They were talking, but you could not hear them from such distance. The only thing you could see was her blushing at his words, and him holding her hand.

You took in a sharp breath. They looked in love, and you couldn't help but feel like you're taking this away from them, even though it wasn't your fault. You were a victim in this scenario, as well.

"Are you alright, my lady?" Natasha asked, placing a hand on your shoulder and squeezing it lightly.

You snapped out of your thoughts."Yes. Yes, I am."You managed to tear your gaze off the couple and look back to your book, but finding out that you can't concentrate on it, you threw it on the table and returned to your chambers.

As the night fell over the Kingdom, you found yourself exploring the enormous library the castle had. At first, you only wanted to read something that would help you sleep, but as sleep did not come, you found yourself reading the books about your family and your ancestors. Of course, you knew your family and your land have always played a great role in history, but reading of all of it only made you prouder of your family.

"Ah, look who I found." Tony stumbled upon the library and you abruptly stood up. He was drunk and he could barely manage to keep himself up. "Is that why you didn't attend dinner?"

"I see you've had fun." You mumbled out, making him chuckle.

"Fun." He repeated. "I stink of wine."

"That you do." You replied, closing the books and gathering them in your hands.

"What are you reading? Oh, are those books of your precious family?" He asked, making you roll your eyes."Don't bother hiding them now, I know what each book here looks like."

"Yes, yes I am reading about my family. Why, is that a crime?"

"Gods, you're so annoying and loud."Tony replied before he sat down in a chair and rubbed his forehead, squeezing his eyes shut.

You bit on the inside of your cheek before you spoke again. He was drunk, so he probably wouldn't remember this anyway. "I saw you today in the gardens. With Lady Lucy."

Tony straightened up when you mentioned her name and his expression turned into a soft one as he recalled the memories of their walk earlier that day. "Lucy. Yes." He mumbled out, then looked over at you. "Why? Does it bother you?"

Your mouth flew open. "What? Of course it doesn't bother me. I only wanted to say you make a great couple."

Tony carefully looked over your face."I told you I won't be loyal to you."

You looked down to the floor. "Yes, I gathered that."

"If you were waiting for my permission, I give it to you." Tony said.

"For what?" Your eyebrows furrowed.

"For bedding my brother. Or Duke Odinson. Or my cousin. You choose. You seem to have a group of admirers, anyway." He said, making you slam the books on the table before you turned on your heel and left the library. Tony rolled his eyes before he left the library as well, walking to his chambers.