Part 9

You were in the gardens when you noticed Loki, who had returned from riding his horse. He noticed you and smiled in greeting. You hurried to walk towards him, thinking he'll run away from you again. "You say you're not avoiding me, yet you seem as if you can't stand to be in my presence for longer than a minute, my lord."

Loki let out a sigh. "I am truly sorry if I made you think that way-"

"That's the truth, Loki. You and I both know it. Come on, spit it out. What is happening to you?" You pressed, as you raised a hand to pat his horse.

"I don't know, my lady. I believe it might be the fact you are going to marry soon and leave. I feel as if I'm losing my friend."

You frowned, moving away from the horse to pull Loki into a hug. He hesitated but ended up wrapping his arms around you, resting his head on your shoulders.

"Loki, you are not losing me. I would never leave you. I will try to visit as much as I can, both here and at your home. Or... you can come with me to the capital."

Loki seemed to think about the offer for a few moments. "I suppose I could. My brother is returning home, as the eldest son, he can rule on his own. He does not need me."

You raised your hand to cup his cheek."I would love to have my most trusted friend with me."

He nodded. "I will think about it. But I must go now. Duty calls, my lady."

You nodded, watching him leave. It wasn't long before you were approached by Genevieve. "Was that Duke Odinson?"

"Yes."

"He seems... sad. More than he usually is, I mean."She spoke, making you roll your eyes. "What do you think is the reason?"

"He said it is because of my marriage to the Prince. He feels as if we'll stop being friends."

"Oh, it definitely has to do with your marriage." She said. "I think he is simply jealous."

"What?" You asked, turning to the girl in surprise. "What could he possibly be jealous of?"

She shrugged, patting your shoulder before she left you to stand alone to question whether she was being right. But, the actual question was who was Loki jealous of? You, or Alistair?

Some days later, you arrived to the capital in carriage followed by ladies from your court. You were the first to step out of it, feeling pain in your legs from how much time you had to spend traveling.

As soon as you entered, you were met with a view of a beautiful, enormous castle in front of you. As you looked closer at it, and the gardens surrounding it, you didn't realize you were approached by Alistair."Beautiful, isn't it?"He whispered in your ear, sending shivers down your spine.

You looked at him and smiled. "It is. I've never been here. I only heard the stories about the castle."

As you turned, you could see the whole city right under the hill the castle was on. The nature of the place had its charms and you had to admit it was more beautiful than your home.

"Let's go."He said, placing his hand on your lower back to make you move before Rose could make her way over to you and cause a scene again.

You made your way over to a small group of girls standing by the entrance, waiting for you.

"Y/N, let me introduce you to my cousin." Alistair began. He gestured at the redhead woman, who kept her hand on her large pregnant belly. She looked at you, a smile on her face."This is Wanda."

You had to return the warm smile and curtsied to the woman. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

"Alistair wrote me about you in his letters, I feel like I already know all about you." She said, and you didn't expect her to pull you into a hug. You looked over her shoulder at your soon to be husband, who looked embarrassed for the first time since you met him.

"Oh. Did he?"

"Yes. But do not worry, he told me all the good things."She said, parting from you before her expression turned into a pained one. She rubbed over her belly over the place the baby had kicked her. "Dear lord, they are active today."

"They?" You asked her, sounding surprised.

Alistair smiled, placing his hand on your lower back. "Yes, my cousin is carrying twins."

You turned to her, only to see her nodding. "Twins? That is wonderful!"

"Thank you. I know you two will be great parents soon." She said and you looked over at Alistair who only offered you a smile.

As you talked, Rose simply walked past you, not wishing to even meet the cousin of her future husband. Wanda's smile fell and she looked at you. "Oh, dear. Is that your sister?"

You nodded. "Unfortunately."You added in a whisper which Wanda did not hear, but Alistair did, and his lips formed a smirk.

You were brought to your chambers later, and you had to admit it almost took your breath away when you saw it for the first time. It was double the size of your old chambers at home. Your gaze almost immediately went to the large balcony you had in your chambers.

You let out a breath as you felt the fresh air from the open window. You closed the door behind you and sat on the large bed, feeling the softness of the mattress and the sheets. You heard a knock on the door, which made you jump on your feet.

"Come in!" You said after you cleared your throat.

"My lady." You were met with a sight of another redhaired girl entering your chambers. She curtsied and smiled at you. "My name is Natasha, I've been instructed to take care of you and tend to your needs."

You nodded. "What about my sister?"

"She's in her own chambers and has her own lady." Natasha replied."Would you like me to run you a bath after the long journey you had?"

"That is a good idea." You approved.

"Very well. After your bath, you, your sister and the Princes have been invited to dinner with the King." She added, making you nervous.