Part 42

You both watched Lily fall asleep quickly after the show she put on. You couldn't bring yourself to look at Tony, even though he spent the whole time looking at you. When you got up from the bed, his gaze followed you."Y/N. Can we talk, please?"

You shook your head and looked at Lily, who was still sleeping peacefully."We have nothing to talk about."

"But we do." He quickly said. "I wish to apologize to you. I-I don't know what came over me. I wasn't thinking clearly. You know if I was sober I would never do that to you. Not after the last time-"

"But you did, Tony." You finally met his gaze, keeping your voice low so you didn't wake up Lily. "Your words mean little to me. You always break your promises."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, my love."He took your hand, pulling you back towards him when you tried to leave. His gaze fell on the bruise on your neck. "Does it hurt?"

"Yes. But your words hurt more."

"I'm sorry, my love. I'm begging you to forgive me." He took your hand and placed a kiss on it, making you look away. You no longer felt your stomach flutter, or your heart beat faster when he kissed you.

"Tony-"

"No, I shouldn't put you through this while you're with our child." He interrupted you, his hand touching the bump that just barely began to form under your dress.

"Right." You nodded. "As you said it, I'm only here to give you children."

"No, don't say that. It was wrong of me to even think that. I love you, Y/N. More than words can describe it."

You looked at him for a few moments after your gazes met. Your lips parted and you would've said something if there wasn't a small voice coming from the crib by your bed. You looked away from Tony, realizing Annora woke up. "You should leave. Go entertain your mistresses."

You missed the look of confusion on Tony's face. "My what?"

It was too late, you were no longer listening to him, but taking Annora into your arms and smiling at her. He watched your whole expression change when you spoke to her, a grin now present on your face, a loving look in your eyes. The same one you had for him months ago.

"My what, Y/N?"He repeated his question, but you rolled your eyes and turned towards him.

"Leave us, Tony. You ignored the three of us all this time, you can continue doing it now as well."

His heart clenched in his chest and he felt like he couldn't breathe as your words kept replaying in his head. He quickly left your chambers, hoping that would stop them, but it did nothing.

That night, you made your way to the balcony, when both of the girls were sleeping, to catch some air. You were holding the railing as you looked over the garden, the wind messing with your hair. You took a deep breath and placed a hand on your stomach as you thought about everything. You were bringing another baby into a marriage that wasn't right from its beginning. It was forced and rushed only so Tony could have a stronger claim to the throne. But, as the Council saw it, you were unable to further strengthen his position when you gave him two daughters instead of two sons.

And even though Tony said he would love your daughters the same way he would love a son, you didn't feel he fulfilled his words.

"Quite a chilly night, isn't it?" The voice that you knew too well asked, making you freeze in place. Your eyes widened as you realized where you knew it from, and your heart started beating faster as you slowly turned around.

"Alistair." You whispered out once you saw it was indeed him.

His face hasn't changed after all those years, even the way his lips curved into a smirk stayed the same. Besides the way he was dressed.

"Missed me?" He asked, taking a step forward, while you took a step back, your back hitting the railing.

"You shouldn't be here." You whispered out. "People think you are dead."

"I know. I couldn't spend another night without seeing you. I returned to town only a few days ago, and knowing you were here and I couldn't see you drove me crazy. I had to see you again."

You gulped, trying to ignore his words. "If somebody catches you here-"

"Don't worry about me. I am here to stay. I will ask the King to pardon me for my crimes in the morning. Everybody will know I returned in the morning. But tonight, I only wanted to see you."

You snapped out of whatever trance you were put under once you saw him and cleared your throat. "This is highly inappropriate. I'm married to your brother. We have children together."

He looked over your face for a few moments and smiled. "Yes. My brother. He always gets what he wants, doesn't he?" He asked. "Very well. I will leave you alone. And I will see you in the morning, Your Grace."He bowed his head before he jumped over the balcony, landing on the ground. You stood there, still frozen in place for a few minutes more, then quickly returned inside, afraid you could be seen by someone.

You couldn't deny the way you felt when you saw him after all this time, but you knew you had to conceal those feelings deep inside your mind. That night, you couldn't sleep.

Alistair thought of when he first met you. Your eyes were now tired, compared to how they were full of life when he first met you. He made it his mission to return that shine and life to them, no matter what he had to do. He had no doubts it wasn't easy being married to his brother.

Meanwhile, Tony stepped out on his balcony. He breathed in the fresh air, trying to clear his head and think of how he could get you to forgive him after all his mistakes.