Part 31

"Did we have to do this?" You looked at Tony. He wanted to keep his father's traditions going, so he decided that he will go on a hunt with the rest of the men, while you were to accompany him on the way there and then stay in the camp.

"I know you have nothing to do here, but yes."Tony replied, looking down at you with an amused grin.

"Then can I come with you?" You asked and he scoffed.

"Absolutely not. If I remember well, the last time, you almost killed yourself in those woods. Twice."He said.

"I learn from my mistakes?"

"No."

You rolled your eyes and let out a breath."But I wish to come with you. I won't get hurt, I promise."

"Somehow, I don't believe you. You're still healing and I don't want you to injure yourself again."He said.

"But I have nothing to do here."You pouted, but Tony still stayed by his decision.

"But you will be safe here."

"Fine. Then I will stab Lucy if she looks at me like that again."You turned, about to walk away from him, when you felt a hand on your elbow, pulling you back. Your breath was knocked out of your lungs when your chest bumped against his and you found him looking down at you.

"You will not."

"Why?"This time, it was you who grinned."Don't tell me you still care for her."

"I don't." Tony replied. "I told you I only care about you."

"Then let me come with you."You said.

"Fine. But you will stay by my side. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

Only some time later, you were walking next to Tony through the woods. Every now and then, you would grow tired and he had to slow down or stop to wait for you. "I must admit, I had no idea this would last this long."You spoke again, making Tony chuckle.

"I know. I told you to stay back at the camp, didn't I?"

"Oh, I would rather do this, than look at Lucy."You said, speeding up so you could catch up to Tony.

"You must hate her a lot."Tony said, making you furrow your eyebrows in thought.

"Well, I don't really hate her. It's just... I feel like she hates me. Ever since she saw you kiss me, she's been looking at me like she wants to kill me, or something."

"She can't hurt you, my love. Not while I'm here."

You looked at him when you heard how he called you, your breath stuck in your throat. You felt shivers run down your spine and you pulled your cloak closer to yourself. After clearing your throat, you spoke again."Are you going to catch any animal, or are we going to spend the rest of our lives in those woods?"

"With how loud you are talking, wife, it would be a wonder if we caught something."

You looked at him, parting your lips."Is that so? I will not speak the rest of the time, then."

Tony stopped walking and you did as well, raising your eyebrow at him in question. "Don't stop talking. I prefer your voice more." You looked at him as he brought his hand up to cup your cheek and smile down at you. "You are cold."He realized.

"I'm fine."

"You're cold, Y/N. I will not have you get sick now, especially not when you're still supposed to be recovering. Come, the cabin we were in the last time is not far from here."Tony took your hand and pulled you along with him.

"Why are we going there?" You asked Tony. "Isn't the camp closer?"

"The cabin is closer to where we are now. Don't worry, I have ordered for the repairs of it. It's mine now. And it looks great inside, you'll see."He said and pulled you with him."We have to warm you up."