Part 40

That night, when Tony returned to bed, he found you trying to tie the nightgown on your back. Without hesitation, he approached you and took the strings from your hands and tied it. His hands lingered on your waist as he pulled you closer to his body. You let out a breath and looked at him over your shoulder, biting on your tongue as you tried to think of what to say.

He moved the hair off your shoulder and placed a kiss on your neck, making you almost melt in his hands.

"If only I was gifted for painting." He made you turn around and his hands were on your waist again as he looked into your eyes.

"What would you paint?"

"You."

His words made your stomach flutter and you reached up to place a kiss on his lips. You forgot about everything that was happening, you only wanted to spend a peaceful night with Tony by your side.

The following morning, you were surprised when Lucy made her way into your chambers and approached the vanity where you were, while you narrowed your gaze. "What are you doing here?"

"I am here to ask you to be in your service." She said.

"Why?" You asked, suspicion in your voice. "Why would you want that? You were married, if I remember well."

"I was." She nodded. "I am afraid my ex husband and I weren't a great match, which is why I came back here. I want to serve you and I only ask of you to find me a husband when it is time."

You looked over her, thinking of what you should do. As far as you knew, she did nothing wrong to you. You could never trust her like you trust Natasha, or Loki, but you could use her. "Fine."

"Thank you, my Queen." She bowed, watching you rise from your seat, approaching her. You towered over her frame.

"You're still not allowed to go near my daughter." You told her.

She quickly nodded her head. "Of course. I understand. While we're talking about your daughter, you should know another lord from James' house, along with a few others, is planning to request for Prince Alistair's son to be named the heir."

"What did you say?" You asked, tilting your head as you looked at her.

"He told me this. If he gathers the majority of houses, the King won't have a choice in this. I am sure they won't act yet, though. They want the King to have more children." She said.

"And you know this how?" You asked her, rising an eyebrow. She looked away, blushing, and that told you everything you needed to know. "Very well. You will keep having those... meetings with him, and tell me everything."

"Of course."

Three years later

The door to your chambers opened and Natasha and Lucy walked in, both carrying trays filled with cakes you loved. You held your baby, barely nine months old, in your hands while Lily was playing on the floor by your side.

"There." Lucy said after placing the tray on the table.

"Finally!" You quickly handed her the baby as they both shared looks, before looking back at you.

"You seem... hungry." Natasha said.

"I was just craving this cake since the morning." You said without looking at her. The cake was your priority. Until, you noticed their looks, just as they noticed your confused face. "What?"

"If I remember well", Lucy started and looked at Natasha, who nodded for her to continue, "You were only craving this cake when you were pregnant with Princess Annora."

When you realized what she was talking about, you could barely swallow the bite of the cake you just took. You looked up at them with a frown. "Yes, I remember it as well. Do you... " You gulped at the thought. "Do you think I am... "

Natasha quickly interrupted you. "We need to confirm that first."

You nodded. "Fine."

When Natasha and Lucy left the chambers, you looked down at your daughter, a frown still present on your face. If the situation was any different, you would've been happy for having another child. But now, Tony and you were growing more and more distant. After the birth of your second daughter, every time you were intimate felt like it was only for the need to have more children. You still felt the pressure to have a son. You both ended up having different chambers. You were no longer living in Tony's.

You even heard the talks of him taking a mistress.

"Your suspicions were true, Your Grace." The woman stood up with a smile on her face after only examining you for a few minutes."You are pregnant."

You let out a breath and looked at her. It would've been easier if she told you the opposite. Only a few minutes later, you entered Tony's chambers, only to find him behind a table, reading a letter. He looked up when you entered, but looked to the letters again.

"Tony." You softly spoke, approaching his table.

"Yes?"

"I... I have something to tell you."You said.

"Go on."

"I... well... we will have another child."

It took him a few moments to realize what you were talking about, but once he did, he looked up at you and smiled. He got up from his chair and approached you. Your gazes met as he placed a strand of your hair behind your ear and smiled.

You were approached by Loki later in the day. He had a smile on his face as he walked up to you and hugged you."Y/N. I heard you're having another child. Congratulations."

"Thank you." You smiled at him.

"Looks like Thor Junior will have another friend to play with." You smiled at the thought. His son loved both of your daughters, and they were his favorite from all other children.

"I hope so." You said.

"I... " He looked around. "I heard something."

"What?"

"That the King's brother was spotted in a town not far from here. Could it be true? That Alistair is alive?"

You gulped, feeling nauseous all of a sudden. You still forced a smile on your face. "We both attended his funeral. I don't think it is true. Perhaps it was someone who looked like him."

That night, as you slept, you were dreaming that Alistair came back, his face still looking the same, and his eyes still holding the same soft look for you.