Part 28

The following day, just after the funeral, you ordered for all of your things to be packed for your return home. You were finally happy after a long time. You could return home and forget those past few months of your life ever happened. You were done dressing yourself when the door suddenly opened and Tony walked inside.

"Tony? What-"

"Come with me."He said, grabbing your arm and pulling you with him. You tried to pull away from him, but you couldn't. His hold on you was tight and harsh. He opened the door to his chambers before pushing you inside and locking them. Your eyes widened when you realized what happened and you tried pushing them open, but nothing happened. You were growing tired of his behaviour, rolling your eyes at him, even though he couldn't see it. You started banging your fists on the door. "Tony? Open the door. Right now."

"No. You're not going anywhere. You're staying here with me."He answered.

"You have gone absolutely crazy if you think I will stay here! Open those doors right now, Anthony. I will not spend more time than I have to in this place!" When no answer came from the other side of the door, you let out an exhausted sigh, leaning against the wall.

You took a look around the chambers and walked over to a chair. You knew it was going to be a long time before Tony decides he'll let you out.

You were right, it was already dark outside when you heard the door unlocking. You immediately got on your feet and glared at him as he entered the chambers. To say he looked like a mess wasn't enough to describe him. The top of his shirt was undone, letting you see a small glimpse of his chest. His eyes were red and he looked tired.

"You look... miserable."You said and he scoffed before looking at you.

"Thank you."

"So?"You raised an eyebrow at him and crossed your arms over your chest.

"So what?"

"When are you letting me out of here?" You asked."If I remember well, I was supposed to return home today."

"You are home already."Tony said, leaning against the table as he looked at you.

"I'm serious. I want to-"

"And I want you to stay here. And you will stay here."

You let out a breath, exhausted."Why are you doing this to me? Is it because you hate me this much?"

"No."He replied, walking over to you."It is because I love you."

You scoffed and were about to turn and walk away from him, but he pulled you back by your wrist, making you bump into his body. You gasped, not expecting what just happened. His hands were on your waist as he held you in place. You let out a laugh and shook your head."You don't love me. You only love the fact that it is you who won. This has nothing to do with me. From the beginning, this was a fight, a competition between you and your brother. And congratulations, you won. You killed him. I'm all yours."He rolled his eyes at your sarcastic tone."And now that you've won, I don't know why you still keep pretending like you need me here... like you love me."

"You truly are an idiot."He shook his head and tightened his grip on your waist."I love you, woman. Why can't you just accept it? Do I need to get on my knees and prove my love to you?"He asked and it wasn't long before you felt his hands slip off your body and he knelt before you, then looked up at you."There. You've got me on my knees. Do you think I'm not in love with you now?"

"This doesn't change anything. You still killed him."

"Killed him?" He asked. "No, I gave him a chance to live."

"Get up."You ordered and he listened, getting up immediately. Before you could walk away from him again, he pulled you back to him. Your faces were close to each other and you were staring into his eyes.

"I'm not lying to you. Alistair is alive."

"What?" You breathed out.

"He was supposed to be killed tomorrow, but I offered him a chance. I helped him escape from my land and he is now on a boat to another town. I made up the story that he was poisoned and died."

"Is that true?" You asked him and he nodded slowly.

"I don't know what kind of monster you think I am, Y/N, but I could never murder my brother."His hand came up to cup your cheek and you closed your eyes, taking a deep breath."Besides, I know how much he means to you. I would never want to see you in pain like that."He said."But for his sake, it would be better if no one knows about this."

You quickly nodded. "Yes. I will keep it a secret."

"I didn't only do it for him. I did it for you, too."He spoke again and you looked up, meeting his gaze."You may love him, but I love you. I would never want to cause you pain."

You looked at the multiple bruises on your arms, and Tony followed your gaze. Then, you looked up and your gazes met once again. "Yes, you would never."

"Y/N, I-"

"Can I return to my chambers now?"You interrupted him.

"No. You can sleep here."He said before parting from you and taking off his shirt.

"In the same bed as you?"

"Yes. We're married, remember?" He asked. "We're supposed to share a bed."

You rolled your eyes and breathed out, too tired to fight him on this."Stay on your side of the bed."

He chuckled and nodded, watching as you slipped under the covers of his bed. You relaxed, feeling how soft his bed was, compared to yours. It didn't take you long to fall asleep. Tony laid in bed next to you and looked at you as you turned on your side in your sleep, now facing him. He allowed his hand to caress your cheek slowly, afraid he would wake you up. Then, he placed a kiss on your cheek. He knew he caused all of the problems you had, but he planned on fixing each one of them, just so you could be his.