Part 29

You woke up as soon as the morning sun started to rise, only to find you were the only one in the bed. You glanced around the chambers and saw Tony writing letters behind his desk. He was wearing the shirt from last night, which was still unbuttoned, leaving you a clear view of his toned chest.

"Someone is up."He said, looking at you when he noticed you started turning in his bed.

You didn't say anything, only sat up in bed and rubbed your eyes before you got up from the bed, going to take a bath. When you were finished, you walked out again and found Tony still didn't move from his position.

"Will you let me out today?" You asked and Tony only glanced at you, but when his gaze returned to his letters, he only then realized how you were dressed. He looked up again and saw you were still wearing a towel around your body, water droplets making their way down your body.

"Shit."He mumbled out to himself and adjusted his pants before looking at you and clearing his throat."Do you think I should?"

You shrugged, taking your dress that was still in his chambers. "I have nowhere to run, do I?"

"Then I will. Let me help you."He rose from his chair and took the cream given to you by the healers.

"I can do it alone."You started to argue, but Tony gave you a look.

"Don't be stubborn for once and let me help you."He sat behind you on the bed. You winced when the cold cream came in contact with bruises on your back. Tony needed to take a minute after he saw the numerous bruises not only on your back, but all over your body. You glanced at him over your shoulder and saw the saddened look on his face.

"Why did you stop?" You whispered out.

Tony bit on his lip before he continued his work. "I'm sorry."

"For what exactly?" You asked. "You have several things you need to apologize for."

"I know. I know I do. And I'm sorry for each one of them. But mostly, for this."He ran his finger over your bruise, making shivers spread over your body."I was angry and I let my anger blind me. I let them do this to you, but I must admit I had no idea they would go to this extent. If I could take it all back, I would. And I'm sorry for sleeping with the maid."

"I... I need time, Tony. I can't just forgive you for everything now."

He quickly nodded. "Of course. Take as long as you need. I will wait for you, my Queen."

You looked at the wall in front of you, trying to think of anything else but your husband. "I heard Wanda had her babies."You spoke after a few moments of silence.

"Yes."Tony said."Two healthy boys. Do you wish to visit her later?"

"Yes, I do. We haven't talked in a long time, anyway. I miss her."

"You can go today then."Tony said, then moved away, wiping his hands on a cloth.

"I must visit my sister, too."You took the dress and looked it over in your hands.

"Do you have to?" He sat back in his chair, spreading his legs slightly.

"She is my sister and she probably believes I'm the reason her husband and the father of her child was killed."

"That is precisely why I don't want you to visit her. She could hurt you."

"I know. But, she is still my sister."

Tony let out a breath before nodding."Fine. But if anything happens, I want you to tell me."

Only a few minutes later, you were dressed and were on your way to Rose's chambers. You knocked on the door before you were let in by a maid. Rose looked at you before scoffing."Look who had the audacity to show here."

You cleared your throat and forced a smile on your face. "I'm glad to see you, too, sister."

"Why are you here?" She asked, walking up to you. "You are the reason he's dead. You don't deserve to be here. You left my child without its father."

"I'm sorry for what happened to Alistair, Rose. I'm here to tell you if you need help-"

"I won't need help from you. Ever."Rose turned away from you.

You let out an exhausted breath before turning around and walking out of her chambers. You heard footsteps coming from the other direction and looked there, only to see Loki. A smile appeared on your face and he saw you, too."Loki!"

"My lady!" Loki approached you quickly before pulling you in a hug."You're feeling better, I see."

"Yes. I am."

"I saw you at the funeral, but I didn't want to approach you. You seemed sad."

"Let's not speak of that now. You have married, I heard? How is marriage treating you?" You joked, patting his shoulder.

Loki smiled. "I must admit the King chose a nice girl. I'm happy with her."

You smiled and nodded your head."I am happy to hear that then. You know I wish you all the best."

You were interrupted by footsteps approaching again and you saw it was now Tony who turned the corner and was making his way towards you."My wife."He greeted you, a smile on his face before he turned to Loki."Lord Odinson."You expected him to make a scene, but were surprised when he greeted Loki in a normal way."I hate to interrupt you, but Wanda is asking for you, Y/N."

"Oh! Right."You remembered and squeezed Loki's arm."We'll talk later. I must go now."

"Of course, my lady."

You left with Tony, who stood close to you now. You looked down at his hand when he intertwined it with yours. "What are you doing?" Your eyes widened when you realized it.

"Don't be so loud."He told you, looking at the people gathered in the hallways of the castle."We need to fix how the people see you. If they know I still love you, they will not question your position further."

Tony felt your body relaxing as he led you to Wanda's chambers. When the two of you walked in, Wanda had a baby in her hands, walking around the chambers with it. When her gaze fell on you, she smiled and waved you over.

"Y/N, you're finally here!"

"And you finally had them."You looked at the baby in her arms and your face softened."He is beautiful."

"Do you want to hold him?" Wanda asked.

"Can I?" She nodded her head before gently placing the baby boy in your arms. He began to fuss a little and opened his eyes. "Shh, honey. Don't cry."You started gently rocking him in your arms and he seemed to catch onto your finger, wrapping his whole hand around it."How was the birth? Did you recover?" You asked her.

She sighed while caressing the baby's head. "I must say it was painful, but it was over quickly."She said.

You turned towards Tony, who stood leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at you with the baby, wondering how you would look with a baby of your own."Tony? Do you want to hold him, too?"

"Me?" He asked, unsure.

"Yes!" Wanda said. "Don't worry, you won't hurt him."

"I, uh... If you're sure."He approached you and you gently placed the baby in his arms, making sure he had a good hold on the baby before you pulled away.

"There."You said when you adjusted his other arm, just under the baby's head.

He looked at you, then down at the baby and he smiled at him when he noticed his eyes were opened."He's so small."Tony said, making you smile. Meanwhile, Wanda gave you the other twin, who just woke up.

"Oh. Hi there."You smiled down at the baby."What are their names?"

"You're holding William, but we call him Billy, and Tony is holding Thomas, we call him Tommy."She said."You two look beautiful with babies! I can't wait until you have babies of your own."

You shared a nervous glance with Tony, who looked quite amused.

"Until then, you can spend time with the twins. They already love you."