Part 3

"Did you have a nice ride, my lady?"Loki, who was waiting for you in front of the castle, asked.

You had gotten of your horse before you were approached by Loki. "Good girl." You murmured as you pat the horse.

"Your grandmother asked for you."Loki continued.

"Why?"

"She wants us all to have a meal together. The Queen wishes to meet everybody." He said.

You nodded. "I have to take a bath. Take care of her." You gestured at the horse and Loki nodded, looking over his shoulder as he followed your retreating figure.

As you walked to the stairs, you ran into the Prince, who looked like he had just woken up. He looked you up and down as you approached him and nodded at him in greeting. "Your Highness."

"Duchess." The corner of his lips twitched up, a small smile playing on his face. "You're up early."

This time, you smiled. It was not that early.

"Pardon me, but you look different when you're not in a dress."He said."You can't ride in a dress?"

"You would be surprised at how many things women can do in a dress, Your Highness." You replied. "If you will excuse me now."You pushed past him on the small stairs and walked up, leaving the Prince to look after you.

When you got rid of the smell and were clean again, you found almost everybody behind the table, on which the meal was waiting.

The Queen's eyes immediately found you and a warm smile appeared on her face.

You curtsied to her. "Your Grace."Your gaze moved to the Dowager Duchess, your grandmother, who had a look of approval on her face.

You sat on a chair between Loki and his brother, Thor.

"Y/N, where is your sister?"You looked up when your grandmother asked you the question.

"I believe she is getting ready, grandmother." You replied, your lips forming a tight line.

The older woman bit on the inside of her cheek, deciding not to question you anymore.

Thor leaned over to whisper to you."Isn't she still sleeping?"

You nodded. "Like a baby."

Loki tsked.

You decided to focus on the conversation your grandmother and the Queen were having. Loki noticed the Prince looked like he wasn't even slightly interested in the conversation, his gaze was focused on you. Loki, who loved provoking, decided to move his hand closer to yours on the table, making the Prince instantly look towards your hands. Loki smirked. He had just found another person to provoke.

"... I can't wait for their wedding!" The Queen exclaimed. "I think our Kingdom will be in good hands."

"Right." Loki quietly whispered to you. "I think it won't even last a month in your sister's hands."The thought made you chuckle, which made the Queen look at you.

"And what about you, Y/N?"She asked.

"What?" You immediately asked.

"Do you have any suitors? Perhaps one of the Dukes?" Her gaze moved over Thor and Loki.

Thor found himself almost choking on the wine, while Loki looked interested in the idea.

"My granddaughter and Duke Loki are inseparable." Your grandmother said with a smile.

You gasped, suddenly feeling embarrassed. "Grandmother!"

She looked at the Queen, the smile still present on her face. "However, she is... a strong-willed, methodical and smart girl. I trust she will make a good choice for herself and our house."

"Good morning!" Rose's almost too excited voice said as she entered the room, her gaze immediately going to Tony.

Only then, you breathed out. "At last."

Tony noticed how you played with rings on your fingers, the whole talk about suitors, no doubt, making you nervous.

During the breakfast, The Queen and your grandmother agreed to have a ball organized in your sister and the Prince's honor. You spent almost the whole day trying to organize everything as it all had fallen into your hands. Rose decided she wasn't bothered by it, not caring that your grandmother trusted her to do it. You finished just when the sun began to set and you were now standing on the balcony, a cup of tea in your hands as you watched the spring sun that began to set.

The presence behind you made you snap out of your thoughts. The Prince cleared his throat before approaching you. "Lady Y/N."

"Your Highness." You nodded.

"Where were you the whole day? I was hoping to meet the sister of my future bride." He asked you, placing his hands behind his back as he stood next to you, focusing on the view.

"I was not aware." You said. "I was attending to my other duties."

"Yours or your sister's?"He asked, taking you by surprise. You looked at him out of the corner of your eye.

"Your Highness?"

"When people said you and your sister are two opposites, I did not expect what I witnessed over those two days."He said, turning his body towards you. "Why are you the one doing everything for her?"

You took in a breath before speaking, avoiding to look directly at the man in front of you."My sister is occupied with the wedding-"

You were interrupted when his fingers were placed under your chin and he made you raise your head so you could look at him. "Are you lying to your Prince, Duchess?"

"I-" You cut yourself off, barely able to breathe.

"Are you aware I could punish you for that?"

As you opened your mouth to respond, you were interrupted by another person appearing on the balcony. Fortunately, the Prince's body was blocking anybody from seeing how close the two of you were.

"There you are!"You recognized Rose's cheerful voice. "I was looking for you. What are you doing here?" Her smile fell when Tony moved and she saw you. "Sister."

"Your sister and I are talking." Tony answered. "Getting to know each other."

Rose forced a smile onto her face again. "Right. Shall we take a walk in the garden? Just the two of us?"

"Aren't you occupied with planning the ball?"

"Oh." Rose looked as if she suddenly remembered that. "Right. I have so much work."

"Then I should leave you to it." Tony said with a smirk, glancing at you."Good night, ladies."

He brushed past Rose, who looked offended at how the Prince just refused her. She shared a look with you before she walked back into the castle without another word.