Part 8

After what happened, you needed air. You quickly made your way out onto the balcony, where you placed your hands on the railing as you took deep breaths.

"You and my brother put on quite a show for everybody." The voice made you jump in place. You gasped, quickly turning around, only to come face to face with Tony. Your hand gripped the railing as he approached you, his hands behind his back."You could convince everyone you're in love."

"Your Highness." You gulped, everything Alistair told you resurfacing in your mind. He could see you were nervous, but how could you not be? You knew what his brother was planning.

He smirked as he was now standing in front of you. "What did my brother tell you that has you so nervous?" He asked, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Nothing." You quickly said.

"So defensive." He said. "I do not wish to know, then. I only have a piece of advice for you, Lady Y/N. My brother... well, he drinks more than he should. And it sometimes turns ugly. Even sober, he is a dangerous and an unpredictable man and he is known for manipulation. You should be careful around him."

"I... "

"My love!" Rose burst out on the balcony, making Tony part from you."Can I have a talk with my sister?"

Tony shot you another look, before he nodded and walked towards Rose."Of course. I'll leave you two alone."

She smiled, keeping the smile on her face until Tony disappeared. Then, it dropped and she glared at you, deciding to approach you."You did this on purpose, didn't you?"

"What are you talking about, Rose?"You asked, feeling drained. You only wanted the day to finally be over, and now you had to deal with your sister.

"You know very, very well what I'm talking about. You purposely asked Alistair to marry you just so you could be the center of everybody's attention. But it's not going to work." She was standing in front of you, her face looking furious. "I am going to be married to the future King. I will have a higher position than you. Because nobody cares about some Prince."

"Rose, Alistair is a Prince, you can't talk about him -"

"He can't go a day without drinking!"She continued. "Is that the man you want as your husband? Admit it, my dear sister. You only want him for his title and for angering me. You should stop this and marry Duke Odinson."

Suddenly, Rose stopped talking. She felt a strong hand wrap around her upper arm before she was pulled back, only to face Alistair, who looked angry. Her mouth immediately closed and you could see fear in her eyes.

"You dare threaten my wife?" He asked. "Did I hear that right?"

Rose breathed out. "Your Highness, I-"

"Threaten her once more, or even dare to come close to her, and I will have your head served to my brother. Did you hear me?"

"Y-Yes."

"Good. Now get out of my sight."

She immediately ran towards the door, disappearing into the castle, while you finally breathed out in relief. "Thank you." You mumbled out to Alistair.

"Did she try to hurt you again, my dear?" He asked, placing his hand on your cheek to check on your face.

"No, no. She was only threatening me."

"Only?" Alistair raised an eyebrow at you. "Has she always been like this?"

"It's a complicated matter. Rose can't stand someone other than her having attention. She thinks, now that our engagement was announced, people are going to forget about her and her wedding, and she could never live with that."