Part 16

That night, Alistair took you to your chambers and only left you alone so you could take a bath and get dressed. He made sure you had no trace of blood left anywhere on you. The guards, under his orders, took Lord Oliver's body and buried him somewhere outside of the castle's grounds.

"I know what you're feeling now." He said as he sat by your side. You were laid in bed and he was sat in a chair by your side. He remembered the first time he took someone's life, too. "But if you did not kill him, he would kill you. Although, I don't know why Oliver would dare to do such thing-"

You looked at him. "Your brother ordered him."

"What did you just say?" Alistair stopped talking and only stared at you."Tony ordered him to assault you like that, and then kill you?"

"Well, he said Tony only ordered him to kill me."You said, then looked at him. "I wonder why he hates me. I know he's in love with another, but-"

"Y/N, it is not your fault. Don't blame yourself for my brother's actions. He's a blind man, he can't stop chasing that poor girl, when he has you by his side." Alistair said, then shook his head as he looked at you. "We will get our revenge on my brother, don't worry about it. If only that night between me and your sister didn't happen, you wouldn't be in this situation. I made a mistake."

Your hand reached up to cup his cheek. "Don't blame yourself. You can't change it now, and you certainly can't change your brother. But, we can't tell your parents about this."

"We have to. Oliver's sudden disappearance is going to raise some questions."

You sighed. "Alright. I can't think about this anymore, or my head is going to burst."

"Will you sleep now?" He asked you and you nodded.

"But will you stay with me?"

"I will." He smiled down at you and squeezed your hand.

Alistair spent the whole night by your side, as he said he would. You could barely sleep, you were turning around the whole night and Alistair had to wake you up from a nightmare.

You two arrived to breakfast together and you saw Tony wasn't there, as well as the King. Alistair sat in between you and Rose, while the Queen eyed you.

"Y/N, are you alright?" She asked you, worry clear in her voice.

"I am." You nodded, but that didn't make her less suspicious.

"Are you sure, my dear? You can return to your chambers if you're not feeling well. I'll have someone bring you breakfast there."

"How do you expect her to be alright when Oliver tried to kill her last night?" Alistair said and you closed your eyes, letting out a breath before you looked at him.

The Queen's spoon dropped from her hands and she stared at you in shock."Is that true? Where is he now? We must question and imprison him."

"He's dead." Alistair said, looking at his mother. "But do you know who ordered him to do such thing?"

You nudged Alistair under the table and looked up at the Queen."We don't know who did it. He didn't say anything."

The Queen nodded. "I will write to his family, then. I'm truly sorry this happened, my dear. I must tell my son and my husband about this. And I'll have the healers check on you."

You nodded as she left the room. Rose left the room soon, as well, and you turned to Alistair. "Why did you tell her about that?"

"I told you she has to know. And I should've told her it was her son who ordered it!"