Part 22

It was only a few days after the King's funeral and Tony's coronation. You felt as if everything around you changed so quick you could barely keep up with everything. You were the Queen now, a position and title you never thought you would hold. It was not even meant for you in the first place. The new responsibilities that only piled on top of each other every day made you question how was the Queen, now Dowager Queen Maria, able to keep up with all of this.

Tony mainly spent his days with the council, you barely saw each other except the night time when he would come into bed, and then he would leave before you woke up.

A day before that, Alistair and Rose's wedding was held in the same place as yours thanks to Queen Dowager, who found out about Rose's pregnancy and wanted to marry the two as quick as possible.

You were reading the letters from the heads of noble houses when there was a knock on the door. You heard them come in, but didn't rise your head from the letters.

"My Queen."A maid quickly curtsied to you and placed a few bottles in front of you. You looked at her in question, then back at the dark bottles.

"What is this?"

"The Dowager Queen sent you some medicine to take."She said.

"What for?" Your eyebrows furrowed.

"For..." She cleared her throat, then looked at the rest of them. "She believes you're with child, so she sent you something-"

You sighed and shook your head."Fine. Put it with the rest of her gifts and leave me now."

As they walked out, Natasha pushed past them and into the chambers."The King requested your presence. He said it is urgent."

"What does he need now?" You let out a breath before rising from your chair and following Natasha out.

Just as you walked out, you were met with Maria, whose smile grew when she saw you. "Y/N."She said before quickly approaching you."Did you receive my gifts?"

"I did, and thank you, but I-"

"Oh, it's nothing. I will have my healer prepare more for you, we need to take care of you now."She said with a smile.

"Thank you, Your Grace, for your generous gifts. But I am not with child."

"You can't possibly know that this early."She said. You sighed as you looked at her."Maybe you're carrying the future King inside of you."

"I can assure you, I am not."You told her as you started walking again, and she followed you.

"I wish Anthony has a child while I'm still alive. I wish to meet my grandchildren. I have to tell you I was quite surprised when he asked me for advice about Alistair and Rose."

"What did he ask you?"

"Well, I did not know of your sister's... situation, so I was shocked when I found out from Tony."

"He told you that?" You turned towards the woman with a surprised look on your face."You found out from him?"

"Yes. He said it would be wise to marry them as quickly as possible."

You bit on your tongue and entered the throne room, leaving her behind. You saw Tony standing by the throne, waiting for you.

"What do you want?" You asked.

"Leave us."He ordered to the guards before he made his way down the steps and stood in front of you."Is that the way to talk to your King?"

"If you called me here for fun, tell me now. I have too many things to do rather than entertain you now."You said, looking up at him as he stood too close to you for your liking.