Part 4

It was the night of the ball and you were already in the hall, with Loki right next to you. "What are the chances your sister is going to be late tonight?" He asked before taking a sip of wine from his cup.

"I hope she is not late again." You replied. "But knowing her, that is impossible."

"Hmm." The sound Loki let out made you look towards the door, only to find Rose and Tony walking in, hand in hand.

"At least she's not late." You said, taking your own cup of wine and starting to drink it.

Tony's gaze focused on you and Loki standing by your side. The color of your dress got his attention - it was dark green. More importantly, it was Loki's color. His eyebrows raised as he was walking with Rose. "Do you think there is something between your sister and the Duke?"

"Who? Loki?" Rose asked, turning to look at you. "I believe so. They just won't admit it."

Tony chuckled, even though he knew Rose's words did not help what he was feeling.

"Do you wish to dance with me?" Loki asked and you looked down at his hand, then back at him.

As soon as your hand met his, a smirk appeared on Loki's face as he led you in between the other couples. His hand was resting on your lower back, while yours was just on his arm, feeling the muscles under his clothes. Your other hand was in Loki's as you two danced. Loki was so close to you, you could feel his breath on your face.

He looked over your shoulder, only to see Tony looking right at you. "It seems the Prince is jealous."

"What?" Your eyebrows furrowed."Of who?"

Loki scoffed, looking at you like he thought you were joking. "Isn't it obvious? I doubt he is attracted to me."

"Then... " You trailed off, finally understanding what Loki wanted to say. Your smile fell and you turned serious. "No, that's not true! He is going to be married to my sister soon."

"I think he saw the true face of your sister." As soon as he said it, he was met with your glare.

"Rose is still my sister. Don't speak of her as if she's some monster."

Loki shrugged.

"May I?" Another man cut in, and you and Loki both looked at him. In front of you was standing the King and the Queen's second son, Alistair. He ran his hand through his short, brown hair, while his brown eyes looked over you. You turned to Loki and nodded. He listened to you, walking back to the place where you stood before, while the younger Prince took his place.

"Duchess Y/N, wasn't it?" He asked, placing his hand on your lower back, pressing you closer to his body.

"Yes."

"I haven't seen you in a long time." He looked you over, tongue licking over his lip."You've certainly changed, my lady."

"We haven't seen each other since we were children, if I remember well."You couldn't help the smile forming on your face.

"You look even more beautiful than I remember." He said.

Your conversation was interrupted by Tony as soon as the song ended. He appeared next to the two of you with Rose trailing behind him. "Brother."

"Anthony." Alistair said, looking at Tony, then at Rose. "And this must be your bride." Rose's smile widened as the man took her hand into his, bending so he could kiss the back of her palm.

"I wasn't aware you'd be joining us."Tony continued.

"I arrived this morning." Alistair replied.

"Does mother know-"

"If you don't mind, brother." Alistair interrupted Tony in the middle of his question and took Tony's cup of wine out of his hands before he could drink it. "I am quite bored here, so I will go."

"Going to entertain another lady?"Loki asked, approaching you.

Alistair's smile dropped when he heard Loki's voice. "Loki. Thought I could smell arrogance in the air."He said before taking a sip of the wine.

The corner of Loki's lips twitched up."I believe that was you smelling like a barrel of whiskey."

Alistair rolled his eyes."Unfortunately, as much I would love to spend the night having this unnecesary chatter with you, I would prefer having fun with Lady Y/N." He said.

"What?" Before you could realize what was happening, the younger prince was leading you out the door and into the night.

"Unbelievable." Tony mumbled out, eyes still focused on your retreating figures.

Loki let out a sigh. "I'm too sober for this." He said before turning around, disappearing into the crowd.

"I don't think I want to ask." Rose mumbled out, turning around and walking towards the Queen. Tony was left alone, his glare focused on his brother's back.