8. Reunion

I stand there.

Frozen.

Time has stopped.

Here he is.

That fucking bastard.

"Blade what are you doing back In town?" I try to sound calm but I know he hears the panic in my voice.

"I've been in town for 8 years waiting for my baby to come back home," he says sadly.

"Oh fuck off Miles," I say angrily.

"Hey, have you had your chill pill today? Maybe take two you need it, honey."

"Don't call me that!" I say getting more pissed off with him with every breath the dickhead manages to suck from the world.

"Can I come in?" He asks. "I have something I need to talk to you about."

"Fine." I spit out. 

He comes in and sits down. 

"Oh no definitely go outside," I say to him. I shove him outside and he sits down in one of the metal chairs I always sit on in the afternoon. 

"What do you want Blade?"

"Do you have to call me Blade baby?"

"Don't fucking call me that."

"Why? Do you have someone who calls you that? Some that makes you scream their name?" He laughs.

"That's none of your business Miles."

"I think it is."

"Why?"

"We dated for nearly a year Dani." He states, almost emotionless.

"It's Danielle to you."

"Come on, tell me how life is. I wanna know how my girl is going."

"I'm not your girl Miles. I never was."

"I loved you. Dani I never stopped loving you." He says desperately, reaching over for my hand I grab it and dig my nails into one of his veins.

"Miles, I don't believe a single thing that comes out of that mouth of yours. You're a fucking liar and even more of a joke." I still have my nails in his veins and he groans in pain. I keep digging them in, giving him a taste of what I felt that one night.

"Danielle."

I take my nails off of his vein, look at it for a split second, and look away taking in all the gardening I need to do someday. I can feel Miles looking at me. And it's making me fucking uncomfortable.

"Stop Miles, just stop."

He's still looking at me taking me all in. I just sit there, frozen like a lump.

"Are you sober?" He asks shyly.

"Yes and no." I send him a deathly stare. "Sometimes I cave and have a drink, then I get sick and can't remember anything," I say, looking away before I begin to cry. "Then I get back up and stand there empty and alone--and the darkness takes over, branching out to every area of my life. I don't have a boyfriend because of it. I don't have many friends because of it," I say quietly. Now I'm sobbing in the arms of my shitty ex-boyfriend.