29. Welcome home

We finally get home and its nearly 12, I help Scarlett out of the car and I grab my bag and my other pair of clothes, She can barley walk with all the bruises, I help her up the porch stairs and she points to a seat on the porch, I help her down and she puffs.

"Are you okay?

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, because of all the bruising It's hard to walk sometimes and my legs feel weak"

"Fuck, I am here to help so just ask"

"Thanks"
"You know Chase never wanted me to talk to you"

"What?

"He said you were dangerous and you would hurt me if I said something wrong or offensive, So I never said hello to you and I really regret it"

"Why do you regret not talking to me Scarlett"

"Because I could've met my angel who saved me a bit earlier"

I start to tear up,

"Scarlett I always thought you had more power than Chase the way you walked and talked you just glowed, I mean god I wish I talked to you sooner"

She starts to tear up,

"Scarlett"

"Yeah"

"Can I ask how long Chase has been hurting you?

She starts to cry and I hold her hands.

"After you left"

"What? when I left for rehab?

"Yeah, He was angry he didn't have his source of money anymore since you were such a good racer"

"Right okay"
"You wanna go inside, It'll be warmer in there"

"Yeah"
"Thanks for letting me stay"

"As long as you need Sweetie"

I help her up and I get my house keys out of my bag and open the door, Buddy comes running up to Scarlett and I can already tell he loves her, I place my stuff down and hear a bang outside.

I tell Scarlett to stay in the house with buddy because Hugo could be outside and he's dangerous, I open the front door and see Hugo plummeting Miles face into the ground,

Get the gun