59. Game on

- Dani's point of view -

I wake up and walk towards the front door, Miles is upstairs cleaning because I can hear 9-5 by Dolly Parton playing, I grab Lola's keys and run out the door.

I get in the drivers seat and start to car, I don't rev the engine because Miles will come running out trying to find me. I drive off towards his house and when I get there his car is parked in front and I walk up to it and feel the hood, The hot metal burns my hand.

I walk up to the front door and knock, I hear his footsteps edging closer to the door he opens it and he looks angry and his jawline tenses.

I push past him into the house, I haven't been inside in a year so it feels like the first time I visited.

Actually

Broke in

Chase shuts the front door and puts his hand on my back and leads me to the living room, He sits me down.

"What are you doing here Danielle?

"We need to talk about what happened"

"What happened?

"Gray"

He huffs and stands up he puts his hands on his head and sits back down.

"Chase you can't escape what you did?

"Oh believe me Danielle I will try"

"You killed you're own wife's brother you idiot"

"Scarlett doesn't know"

"Exactly"

"All these years she had believed he died in a wreck"

"He did"

"NO, CHASE HE DIDNT"
"YOU POINTED THAT GUN TO HIS HEART, AND YOU PULLED THE TRIGGER AS SOON AS HE LOOKED YOU IN THE EYES"

"Shut the fuck up Dani"

"NO, You killed people Chase and I had to witness it"

"You should've looked away"

"You would've pointed that gun to my heart as well if I didn't look at what you were doing"

"I wouldn't of done that"

"YES YOU FUCKIN WOULD OF"

"What are you even doing her Danielle?

"Alice is alive"

"I know"

"Oh"
"Let me guess, You told her where I live and you helped her to try and kill Me, Scarlett and Miles"

"It has to be done"

"What? so you can rule the drag races, you can't even race Chase"

"I can"

"You can't even fucking figure out where the fucking gears are"

"Why don't we test this huh? Danielle"

"Game on"

"City?

I nod and walk out of the front door, I get in Lola and drive off towards the city I wait for Chase and an engine roars, I look back and he's driving the Camaro.

I speed down the road and get on the highway, Chase is behind me and he keeps getting up the rear of my car so I break and bump into his car.

That'll be his lesson

I speed further down and Chase moves beside me, He has music playing to distract me but little does he know it's what makes me focus more.

We get to the city and we find a road, There are people walking and eating dinner at restaurants, We rev the engines and when the light turns green Lola speeds forwards and Chase catches up but I accelerate even more. I win the race and Chase looks furious he points towards the country roads and I lead our way there. We get to the track and we line up, I count down to 1 with my fingers and Chase cheats he drives before my last finger goes down, I speed in front of him and get Lola right in-front of his car.

She speeds further and the wind blows through my hair, Chase yells and I drift the last part of the track, Chase tries but fails completely.

I park Lola and walk towards Chase when he grabs me and kisses me, I pull away but soon my lips are back with his, We stop and I look at him and smile.

"Where's my money? Mr Miller.

He looks at me and kisses me again, I stop and get back into Lola I drive back to his house and the rest is history.

I stayed that night

And the cops were looking for me

But I was falling back in love with Chase Miller

Only god could see what we were doing that night

I know it sounds bad

But he is changing

we all are

Love Danielle