103. I'm back Baby

I leave the hospital and put Buddy in Miles room, I drive to Calingiri I get there and the Mustang roars, People turn their heads and put thumbs up. I smile and keep driving, I speed up and get to the paddock the two sheds are still standing and the shells of cars fill the dead fields.

I'm home

I park the mustang on the gravel and get the key to the shed out of the hollow tree, I open the shed and my eyes pop out of my head with hearts. I smile as I see the challenger in all it's glory, The olive green paint is perfectly in tact and the blower is clean with no dust.

I run my hand along the side of it and I grab the keys off of the wall, I get in and the afternoon light shines onto the paint, I put the key into the ignition and rev her. She rumbles and I cheer, "FUCK YEAH BABY!

I drive her out of the shed and put the Mustang in, I pull the roller door down and drive to the track, I get a call from Hugo I put the phone to my ear and he sounds confused.

"Danielle I heard your racing tonight what's up with that we thought you were out of the game"

"How do you know that Hugo?

"I have eyes everywhere Danielle"

"Who the fuck told you?

"Fine, Bazz called me and told me he saw you go through Calingiri"

"Fuckin Bazz"

"So cmon are you racin tonight?

"Yeah I am, But I'm doing this season alone"

"Oh yeah good luck with that"

He hangs up and I throw my phone onto the passo seat, I laugh and turn the radio up, God is in the radio starts to play and I turn it up to the full volume.

It blasts through the radio and I sing along, I forgot this Cd got stuck years ago. I keep driving and the song keeps playing, My phone rings again and Hazels name comes up.

"Dani where are you, Jackson's here but he said you disappeared after you saw Miles"

"Oh Umm, Something happened in Calingiri I had to head out there I'm still out here and I won't be back till tomorrow"

"Tomorrow what the fuck happened?

"Oh shit"

"Dani?

"I have to go Hazel"

"Danielle!

I hang up the phone and look towards the bottle shop, I keep driving when I get another call, It's a no caller Id and my heart starts to panic and beats loudly. I pick my phone up and put it to my ear, They start to talk.

"Hello would you be interested in doing our survey"

"No thank you get fucked" I say hanging up.

Really thought I was deep in shit again

I throw my phone onto the passo seat again and look forward at the road, I rev the challenger and press my foot into the accelerator, I get to one of the small towns and stop to get fuel.

I drive the challenger into the petrol station and get out, I open the fuel cap and get the fuel hose and put it in. I look around me when I see a group of coppers going into the fuel station.

I turn away so they don't see me when one of them yells my name, "Danielle Clarke"

I turn around and see the officer he's tall and middle aged, "Evening Officer"